FINALLY -- I get to move the H#LL out of here!!!!

by outnfree 23 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Yes! It's true!

As many of you know, I was divorced in May of this past year, but forced by financial circumstances to continue sharing the marital home with my ex-husband. That situation alone is very stressful, but add to it my surgery/treatment for breast cancer and the fact that our house is still not on the market for sale (due to repairs that MUST be completed, but which I am unable to do and ex- doesn't care to do/take care of) was making me feeling like I was living in a holding tank instead of a home.

I have contracted to have a condominium built and the expected completion date was to have been mid-November. I had already resolved to move OUT of here and INTO there in November even if I had to pay double house payments! Imagine my dismay when I was recently informed that we were now looking at mid-January for completion!!!!!

But NOW, thanks to my brother's generosity and a fortuitious convergence of several financial events, I am going to be able to move into a 2 bedroom, 2 bath furnished apartment with my 17 year old son on November 1st.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Moving into a furnished place means that I can spend the month of November getting the goods that are mine by decree out of the marital home and into storage at my own pace (working around the chemo treatments). We need only move our clothes, computer, spare TV and my easy chair , and then stock the pantry, and we're set for the next 2-3 months. It won't be like truly moving twice...

As an added bonus I can arrange to have the drywall repair and painting done while I'm not there to breathe in the dust and fumes. I really dreaded those things while dealing with the nausea of chemo.

The apartment is leased month-to-month, is a "corporate suite", and I need only give 21 days notice. If you all would be so kind as to pray that the condominium is done in DECEMBER ahead of schedule, I'd surely appreciate that!!!

WOO HOO! I get to start my joy-filled home ambiance even sooner in November than I'd hoped!

My kids and friends have been laughing to hear me humming happy tunes and grinning ear to ear since I signed for the apartment on Thursday.

YAY!!!!!!!!

Blissfully yours,

Brenda

• carla
    carla

I'm so happy for you! How difficult to have to live with your ex and be going through chemo! in my thoughts, carla

• chrissy
    chrissy

that's great news, brenda! congrats. i'm sure this new place of your own will certainly help your mental disposition and aid in your ability to heal well...mentally and physically.

cheers to you and your new place. may each day be filled with joyful activities that would have irritated and ticked your husband off royally...all while wearing your best party dress!!! ;o)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Wow I had to stay with my ex for 2 weeks last year after I told him I was leaving and I thought that was bad. My stress levels went waaaay down even though I wound up living at the Y fro 9 months (that was actually easier than the 2 weeks before I left.

Being sick doesn't help anything so I am so glad you are outta there

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Awe Brenda I'm am so excited for you! You soooooo deserved a break like this and more kudos to your brother for helping to make it happen for you.

Hearing this made my day, thanks for sharing.

• outnfree
    outnfree
    cheers to you and your new place. may each day be filled with joyful activities that would have irritated and ticked your husband off royally...all while wearing your best party dress!!! ;o)

LMAO at chrissy's suggestion! I'll have to remember to bring the party dresses to the condo.

Carla and Lee, yes, living with the ex has been SO uncomfortable, to say the least. I've been holed up in my room most of the time that he's present. I will be feeling really outnFREE!!!!

Kate, I'm happy to be making your day. I guess turnabout is fair play, eh? I keep on being shown that there's a reason for the timing of most everything in this Universe. The timing of my brother's gift is just perfect, no doubt about it!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm happy for you!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thanks, lonelysheep!

(I was born in NJ -- Englewood. You anywhere near there?)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Really?! I'm about an hour from there. add-- In NJ traffic terms, that's not too far!

• luna2
    luna2

That's great, Brenda! It's good you will be able to get out of that situation with the ex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit