Elders school

by blindersoff 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Anybody heard anything about the content of the current elder school? The elders here went. First one I have miissed for a long time.

I would just guess that it is built around the new Organization book.

B

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Yep, that's pretty much it. There was a lot more, though, which I'll post later. I have a friend who's an elder in FL and is willing to share.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Time flies.

I was at the last one (2001), just two weeks before I DAed.

• Legolas
    Legolas

So what goes on at them anyway!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I was at the last one (2001), just two weeks before I DAed.

LT - didn't you get enough of the Holy Spirit to keep you in?

Jeff

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The elders school is probably just instruction on how to keep the pressure on lowly publishers™. I'm sure it includes the usual talks, demonstrations, and maybe even a costume drama about sheppherds using their rods to beat the crap out of some sheep.

W

• Plummet
    Plummet

My Stepdad is really excited about his upcoming elders meeting, he said that they cancelled about half of the talks because a couple members of the governing body are coming. He says that "something big" is going on right now.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    He says that "something big" is going on right now.

Maybe they are going to announce that the FDS is just a parable about good Christian action. Or that they have wrongly interpreted the scriptures regarding blood. Or that the 'faithful men of old' did not ever make it back in 1925?

Jeff

• undercover
    undercover

There's always something "big" going on.

They keep holding that carrot on the end of the stick out just past the grasp of everyone trying to keep their attention on it instead of what's really going on around them.

The old saying is true: If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, then baffle em with bullshit.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Rrrriiiggght.....

If you can't dazzle & em with brilliance, then baffle em with bullshit.

Nicely put...

Ain't nuthin new under the WTS "Sun"...

Of course...if "something big" means...the UN Scandal, the pedophile dilemma, the blood dilemma, the massive number leaving dilemma...than maybe he's right.

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit