Follow the Money Trail...sniff, sniff, sniff

by SWALKER 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I feel that so many wrongs of the WTBS have been outed especially with the internet age...such as U.N. scandal, child abuse scandal, wrongful dfing, etc. Does anyone here find it strange that we can not find 1 person to out them on the money, their holdings, their spending? Where does all that money go, where is it kept, who has control over it? Even Ray Franz didn't get into the accounting end...he did enlighten us on some of the extravagance...but nothing so far has let us get a good picture of the whole money landscape. Barbara Anderson came forward with the list of child abusers, we have elders letters in print, but no documentation on the $$$.

What leverage do they have over the people in that department to keep quiet? You would think by now that someone would get that out as that would really show them up...as they say follow the money trail...we can't hardly find a scent. Any ideas?

Swalker (not a bloodhound)

• jula71
    jula71

I had a topic about that along time ago: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/90745/1.ashx

Got some very interesting responses that may interest you.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Thanks for posting that thread...I remember reading it. I already knew that info about how they cover up expenses and claim they need all this money for the assemblies, etc. However, I was talking about the BIG investments...they have invested in stocks since the very beginning...can you even imagine their worth today? People have donated fortunes and left them huge of amounts of money and investments in their wills. It would just be interesting to find out where all that money goes and where it gets funneled to...wonder if there are Swiss Bank Accounts, for instance? Who is in control of all that? We understand because of a few people coming through on the R&F level and disclosing collections/donations, but we don't have anything from the TOP. Some were fortunate to locate that the WTBS had stock in Rand Cam Technologies, but that is just a tidbit as to their main holdings. My point was/is that as far as I know there haven't been any forthcoming from the accounting department(s). Or have I missed something here???

Swalker

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

Swalker I have wondered the same thing many times. It would stand to reason that some at the top are living extremely well off the wts fortune. What is held against them? Money!!!!!!

If one of these people spilled the beans, they would lose access to that cash flow!!!!

And if they let r+f find out then they might try and get a piece of it or tell.

I imagine they keep real tight tabs on this situation.

What gets me is I have never heard anyone ex-bethelites talk about lavish spending on a personal level from the people at the top. What kind of houses do the GB members have? What do they drive? The dubs always talk about how the clergy arent paid but does the GB get paid? Do they have careers outside of the wts world?

• Kaput
    Kaput

Just as in the real world, power counts more than money. Of course you DO have to have the green stuff to toss around, but a real tight (hermetically sealed, I might add) lid is being kept on the financial end of things. Control of the finances is in the hands of non-JW lawyers and accountants, as well it should be to protect them from just what has been said, "spilling the beans". The "power trip" begins among the rank & file in the form of pioneer, ministerial servant and elder designations, and continues up from there. The circuit/district overseers have their health & car insurance paid for as well as frequently replaced "wheels" (can't have 'em breakin' down in Bed-Stuy or East L.A. now can we). Plus the extra change that gets slipped into their suit pockets by adoring fandom helps 'em stay flush. But the real upper is power. Those "at the top" (GB) are living gods as can be seen from the reaction to announcements of their presence at various district and international functions. They don't need money when all their needs are provided for and their indulgences are catered to on this basal earthly plane. Yes, they "walk on water" amongst their minions...and isn't that all that matters when they are the elite who oversee Jehovah's/Jesus' earthly possessions while awaiting their heavenly glory?

Sorry I couldn't help you find the money. I just had to rant.

• Ianone
    Ianone

There was a Canadian man who was acquiring info on the WTBTS and recently died. He was getting the financial information. I'm not sure how he died, but the timing of his death is suspicious as it was at a time when he was about to get a big break of leads.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Ianone, why does that not really surprise me? It makes a person wonder how often that has happened.

Swalker

• sf
    sf
    There was a Canadian man who was acquiring info on the WTBTS and recently died. He was getting the financial information. I'm not sure how he died, but the timing of his death is suspicious as it was at a time when he was about to get a big break of leads.

Provide the proof and his name Ianone. If you can't do this, your credibility, or what is left of it, is out the window. What leads?? Please respond soon. I'm going to bed now yet will look for your proof tomorrow. And just so you know, I'm not letting this one go. I want proof. And I intend to keep at you until you either provide SOLID proof, or recant your statement. Good night. sKally

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ianone

As you notice by sf's request we are sticklers for proof. We know too well that the WTS brands us as liars. And it would be so easy to fall into the trap of making all kinds of accusations without any proof. Even with proof the WTS will say it is all lies but it will open someone's eyes if they can follow the leads and get to the same point as any researcher here did. . We have some amazing researchers on this board. Given a piece of information they can at least know which lead to follow. This is what happened with the UN scandal that eventually led to the WTS withdrawing and doing damage control. So YES please provide proof. If it is too dangerous to provide proof (because it might identify you to the WTS spies) then PM the info to sf and they can post the info. And they can leave your name out of it. And this applies to every rumor, suggestion, or direct proof.by anyone regarding things you have heard. They don't need to be all sent to sf (wouldn't want to drown one person with all the info). Info can be sent by PM to any of the mods or any of the posters on the board that have done so much to uncover the real truth. (the mods can pass the info on to the researchers if need be)

• Kaput
    Kaput

Sound advice, Lady Lee. As you pointed out, the eyes of those who are searching for truth WILL be opened, but only to that information which can be verified as factual. Innuendo, accusations and circumstantial evidence just doesn't cut it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit