Does anyone find reading in here dpressing?

by klinton 18 Replies latest jw friends

• klinton
    klinton

Sorry to be a downer...but I'm just new here. I've been scanning topics and reading people's various stories....And I have to say, a lot of what I'm seeing is just eating me up. I've actually teared up a few times. Does anyone else find it almost difficult to read some of these things?

• Jordan
    Jordan

Yeah, I'll be honest, I can only read the more heart aching posts when I'm in a mood that can cope with it, otherwise, I get really depressed reading some of the experiences...

• upside/down
    upside/down

Imagine actually living these experiences...and having NOWHERE to go...

That'd be worse.

This is a great place and fills a need.

But it's just a tool...to help people move on. Like any tool...it's limited, but highly useful with the right application.

Empathy, Compassion and Patience are much needed...to hang here.

u/d(of the it's like visiting a trauma ward class)

• Jordan
    Jordan

Blatantly, it also reminds those of us that think we have problems, that in reality there are people out there that have problems that are so much worse.

• klinton
    klinton

Totally...I've moved past a lot of what I'm seeing. It's more of an empathetic pain I'm talking about. You just wish you could transfer the peace of mind you've found to some of these people.

• blondie
    blondie

First confronting abuse, your own or anothers, can be emotionally upsetting. All the bad emotions you have stuffed away start coming out. It takes time to deal with it. But it is healthier in the long run. As time goes by you will feel more settled and will be drawn to help others who are new like you were, having gone done the road a little farther.

It helps to know you weren't the only one.

Blondie

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Feel > Deal > Heal the anguish and agony of having to renounce the life-long convictions of my heart the sudden impact surreal horror to learn that everything i held dear and near is a LIE.Stockholm syndrome,cognitive dissonance,outright hysteria,dashed dreams,no old age savings,broken familys.....

The Watchtower puts a lot of people in mental health care.

• carla
    carla

Sometimes it is depressing. I remember about a two week period between this site and another there were two suicides, broken hearted people who were now going to be shunned by their entire families (acutally an ongoing theme), and a child sexual abuse case that had just come to light to a family and the various,"Help! my b/g or spouse is .... what should I do?" ( I fit in that category). All depressing stuff. Some have suggested I not read the sites as well. What? should we hide our heads in the sand and maybe it will all go away? Or read and see how others have dealt with situations and become educated on the many evils that can happen in this cult? And educate others. Sometimes there is no help for our loved ones, all we can do is try to keep others from suffering what others here have.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - that is why it is good that Simon allows acertain amount of fluff - it does help ease things

• clear2c
    clear2c

There are just as many of good things to say about wittness's rank and file members. Putting aside the FACT that "The Organization" tear's familys apart. It is wonderful to know your not alone if you have been affected this way..... personally I find atheist and people that gone to the other extreme are just feeling rejected or treated unfair so they just wish to get it out.. and after living and reading some of their stories I can see why they feel that way especially those loosing entire familys.

There is alot of nit picking over change in policy or doctrine.... alot of religions change doctrine. Alot of nit picking over decisions that elders have made ..... unfortunatly work for any huge system or like anything else in life people make mistakes. its like blamming the entire catholic religion is false becuse some priests did something wrong... ridiculus and to be frank about it the fact that there is some anonntimity to the internet does not make it all true ... there are liars everywhere so if you think the internet is free from it just becuse peeople can post up there thoughts you got it wrong hehehe.

Pesonally even tho "The Oranization" has caused me great grief and loss of family over the years I try not to hold any resentment to it and try and find ways turn it into a positive experience... for example taking a stand against saluting the flag imho helped me in many other ways in life for instance by doing this as a child I have the strength in life now to stand up for what I belive is "right" and many other things learn't at the meetings helped me. I was really hoping for this forum to be mixed with and open disscussion about the feelings good and bad about the wittnesses the positive and negitive experiences and share them.

So far this site seems pretty fairly blanced although there are more people posting about the wrongs I feel there are just more people that are venting or or hurt than people that are sharing their feelings about the positive. I always try and keep in mind that I can just not click the link or respond to those that have ideas and feelings that I am not interested in.

just my 2c :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit