Comments You Will Not Hear at the 10-30-05 WT Study (Walk/Jesus)

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garybuss
    garybuss

So, if we want to follow in Jesus's path we will be loyal and obedient and we will work for the interests of the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation while deferring to the authority of the elders. Very clever article. I wonder who they think they are fooling with this? A third grader could get to the bottom of this pile of crap in 30 seconds.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Unless you beome as young children, eh GaryBuss ?

• blondie
    blondie

Good point, jgnat

This magazine highlights very well how JW's are asked to forgive, especially in paragrapsh 15, 16 and 21. JW's are asked to choke down any offence they may have and "show a positive attitude". This is not the pattern of forgiveness I was taught in "Christendom's Churches". Even more extensive, I've learned, is the Jewish pattern of recognition - remorse - desist - restitution - and confession.

Actually, this is a point that the WTS speaks out of both sides of their mouth. That is why JWs get so confused. They finally had to say that a person does not have to forgive their unrepentant molester because they got so much flak from the elders writing in.

And as to the picture, few male JWs last more than a year or two at Bethel but come back with "Bethel experience" on their "resume" making them more likely to get appointed up the chain of command quite quickly (unless they came home under a cloud). Young women can only aspire to be regular pioneers with the hope that they will attract a "spiritual" husband. Few stay in the pioneer work after marrying as babies come along. It shows how highly the WTS places the "ministry" in that they elevate "Bethel service" over it. Anyone who has been a Bethelite or been in a congregation with several Bethelites know that their work at Bethel supersedes preaching.

Thanks AuldSoul,

I love how at the end they switch from following HIM to following the form of leadership that he "put in place" in 1919.

But the unwritten doctrine is FDS = Christ. In the older publications they even call themselves the Christ on the basis that they are the body and Jesus is the head.

I have mentioned too that no JW can get to Christ except through the FDS/GB.

With the vast majority of the "FDS" on earth consisting of women, the WTS finds it hard to assign any authority to it.

Hi, Gill,

Yes, the newbies and a new perspective to the board.

I once mentioned to my mother that it was time she left the WTBTS an she shouted that she would never leave Jehovah.

Of course, when Jesus’ disciples left behind the Jewish religious system, they did that without leaving God.

WTS = God

Hey zeroday,

It's funny that for 28 years I hardly read the WT much less the study articles.

The only way I got through the WT articles was to study them in a way similar to my reviews…about 40 years worth. Towards the last 3 years they were my reviews because I posted them here while I still attended.

Sorry to hear you had to sit through this article, BluesBrother, but this is a good point:

Par 10 made me consider the context of Matt 24.45 , F & D Slave. Do we look for a specific prophetic fulfillment of vs 40 [ Two men In the field] vs 41 [ Two women grinding] vs43? [ householder and the thief] so why be so all fired sure that vs 45 is a specific prophecy that must be fulfilled by the remnant today???.

The WTS cherry picks prophecies, making one part literal and the next verse symbolic.

Willyloman

I'll just quote the above and say, "According to this verse, you should probably follow me out the door since that's where my faith took ME."

They won’t like that, just like the Pharisees and scribes cringed when Jesus pointed out their hypocrisy.

This is my scripture

(Matthew 23:3) 3

Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform.

Hey Gary,

A third grader could get to the bottom of this pile of crap in 30 seconds.

That’s why they have to be "carefully taught."

Auld,

Unless you beome as young children, eh GaryBuss ?

Very witty.

Good Comments everyone

Blondie

• heathen
    heathen
    We have a good conscience. Our way of walking becomes

exemplary. Jesus invited all who were toiling and loaded down to come to him and

find refreshment for their souls. (Matthew 11:2830) When we follow Jesus'

example, we too can refresh others by our association. Let us, then, continue to

walk as Jesus walked.

You should've put gag alert before that statement .They are so petty and cheezy it's unreal . Yah well we go to jesus for refreshment what the hell does that have to do with the WTBTS? Oh that's right they took the place of jesus . It should have ended with, let us walk like good little dubbies because unless you do everything we tell you you won't be one for long .

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

heres one you wont hear....

"i can honestly say i have been enlightened by what i am hearing here today... it is not recycled babble that i have heard many times before... this is all new to me..."

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit