VENT: Disrespectful Teenagers

by Billygoat 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectre
    Spectre

Its too bad a bear didn't run out and maul her to death. Or does that only work with Jehovah's prophets?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mr. Morris sounds like a lovely person. I do see something here that maybe you haven't thought about: telling her pronto, pronto and such likely embarrassed her. He should say that kind of thing to her privately and not in front of customers. She probably reacted out of embarrassment. The fact that she calmed down and didn't turn to you with a nasty come back, shows she does have at least some respect for her elders. We often forget that teenagers should be treated respectfully, too.

I think what you said to her helped her. She's probably going to think about it all night and weekend. Maybe Mr. Morris will speak to her privately as well.

Our world is not a kid friendly place any longer. It's not all their fault.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Billygoat-I know Mr. LaMorris. He is so sweet and quite a character. He takes all of the million grandkids he has ffor the summer months and teaches them responsibility. He used to be a drug addict and lived a very hard path. He changed that all around and states it is only by Gods grace that thus he did. He has had heart surgery recently...was it a triple bypas, and yet I have never seen him frown. He is very proud of his cadillac and never misses talking to us. He and Davinder. (Spelling) She is from India.

I am not as prone to be as outspoken about God, nor do I agree with all he says, but I do respect him and I have yet to meet this gal.

I think the tone of the store may be changing a bit. Because Lou and the other lady, her name slips me right now are always so sweet. The other night there was a new manager. I came in late from the Right door if facing the store and picked up cat litter, crossed to the checkouts and lugging this huge thing proceeded to make my way all of the way to the exit back on the far side of the store.

Well this manager was in line right after me and let me haul all of this weight over there to find the door was locked. So I proceed to haul it to the other side of the store...just to see him pass by me and use his key to exit where I just had been. So I had to go all the way around and as I struggled to get it into the car...he humps in his truck and peels out right in front of me. Ass-tard. It made me so mad. After I calmed down, I thought of Mr. LaMorris, and smiled as I left. I figure he still smiles and sees him every day...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

ugh teenagers!

Andi I hate to be the cheeky monkey here but I work retail and believe me Kimesha has a boss and I would not hesitate to go to her boss and let him/her know exactly what transpired and that you neither appreciate her slowness while checking your groceries nor her rude comments to the bagger. That should get her attention and fast because she is already being a new hire on a short leash. She's young and she needs to learn to respect her customers and her co-workers if she is going to get along in life.

my .02

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

bet the cashier is nicer to you the next time you go in

• Purza
    Purza

I am glad you spoke up Andi -- perhaps in the future this particular teenager will think before she speaks!

Purza

• John Doe
    John Doe

Your story reminded me of this short story. I think Buckley makes an interesting point. What do you all think? It's worth a read anyway--short. The link tags don't work from Firefox, so you'll have to copy and pass this address into your browser. Sorry.

http://www.yeworld.net/index/LSFP/PSFAL/R/199_20011130/199%2053%2020011130200401.asp

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Does it mean I'm old when teenagers annoy the heck out of me this badly???

Teenagers have irritated me ever since I turned 20.

Good for you for telling her off!

W

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I know how you feel...I've had to "scold" a few out myself.

Another thing I REALLY don't like is when cashiers are talking in a negative way about other cashiers (behind their backs) even in front of customers. It happened to us a couple of days ago. This time I let it go, but in most cases I'll say something like "you better be careful judging (pause a bit for a dramatic effect) you may be the one judged next".

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Another thing I REALLY don't like is when cashiers are talking in a negative way about other cashiers (behind their backs) even in front of customers.

I see that happen at target alot.

One of the nicest people in my store is an older black man. Often, when he's handling a guest, I walk up and say, "hey dad", and then tell him whatever he needs to know. I've found that this relaxes the guest and they don't seem to mind as much his attention be diverted from them momentarily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit