TAMPON RETENTION & RESULTS

by outoftheorg 43 Replies latest watchtower medical

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I have never heard of this before, but I think it is worth knowing.

I have come across a rather strange story. Yes it is legitimate and some details are left out to protect this persons identity.

This lady is having problems in her feet and hands. The doctors find that gangrene is setting in.

It is decided that the legs up to the knees must be removed to stop the spread of septic infection.

The fingers are also to be removed because the infections are starting in the extremities.

It is discovered that a tampon has been left in the vagina for a long time. How long, why, did she forget? I don't know.

The tampon was the source of the infection and the results. The answer, don't forget the tampon.

There is other info but it may reveal the ladies identity so it is left out.

outoftheorg

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Isnt that tied to toxic shock syndrome? That was a big problem back in the 80's ... birth control sponges were causing the same symptoms.

~Hill

• Jourles
    Jourles

And here I was just getting ready to go to lunch.

thanks a lot for the info!

• Nellie
    Nellie

WOW - I know about Toxic Shock syndrome - I heard it could cause death - but WOW that's BAD!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I have to say this is one of my fears - I always get scared that I'll forget or lose a tampon up there.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yeah H B I would assume that it is the same as toxic shock, but I had never heard of such results.

This poor lady is devastated beyond belief.

Outoftheorg

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Well, earlier symptoms would be a very foul odor from your vagina and an unusual vaginal discharge. I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I read about that last semester. ONe thing they stress to the doctors/nurse practitioners is that if you do have the patient on the table for the vaginal exam, and note that there is a tampon that had been left in for a long time, and thus this is the source of their vaginal symptoms, they stress that you have a bowl of water and when you pull the tampon out of the woman IMMEDIATELY submerge it in water and then remove it and flush it down the toilet asap DUE TO THE SMELL that may embarass the patient. Ew.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think I'm going to be sick.......

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

ok i was hungry but not any longer, thanks! maybe i will get my abs back now... J

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

ENJOY your lunch... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit