Greetings from Post-Wilma Survivor in Florida

by Nellie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Periodic Bedlam
    Periodic Bedlam

Nelllie,

I am just a bit north of you (maybe 5 miles) and this storm was awful. Still trying to get gas. Was up at 5:30 this morning and the lines were 50 cars long at 5 gas stations. Finally got power back yesterday. Had flooding in the back of the house. Ruined the wood floors. About 50 barrel roof tiles gone. Trees are trashed. But, when I go to the Palm Beach Post and Sun Sentinal sites online, I see the pictures of the damage and am reminded of how fortunate I am.

Happy Halloween

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Glad to hear that you Floridians are still with us and doing ok, or at least a well as can be expected. Those of us over here, sheltered by moderate gulf stream weather can only look on in horror at what has happened to the beautiful south this year.

you are made of tough stuff.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am so glad you have let us know how you are. You have my empathy. I'm a survivor of Betsy, Camille and Hilda. I was child at the time though.

• Nellie
    Nellie

They keep saying it's not just the storm that kills, it's the aftermath. Being without power for days was bad, but they're projecting that some won't have their power back until Nov 22nd! I think we'd have to go visit someone if that was the case.

Bedlam - the gas lines got A LOT better yesterday. As I drove down University, the lines were only 6-10 cars deep. I think as more and more areas get power, the better it will be. Apparently, some stations had gas, but no generators to pump it. So as their power came back on, they were able to get back in business. More stations, more options, less lines.

Now if I could only figure out what day it is . . . and get these "darling" children of mine back in school!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit