Bryan: I'm sitting here crying

by Lady Lee 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks again Bryan.

I'm OK now. I always knew my father grabbed me and my brother before my mother came to get us at a friends. But I think the impact never quite hit me of all that meant.

The saddest part in my story of abduction is that my mother never came looking for me. She just left me. It wasn't until the police found her and told her to come get her kids that she showed up. She always knew how to find us. I know this because she told me herself.

A year later she put me in foster care for another 3 years supposedly to "protect me from abuse at home"

I am so glad you have reunited parts of the family. The words you use to describe the reunion is all I wished I had but never got.

Great writing. Now send a copy to Oprah

• Bryan
    Bryan
    I want to know if it has been suggested as a book club selection for Oprah

I sent the press kit with Uncorrected Poof, back in July. This week I will send the finished book. Believe it or not, the best way to get on Dr. Phill and Oprah is through their website. Dr. Phill's site asked for victims of parental kidnap back in August. I gave my info, including book, but haven't hard anything as of yet. Take care, Bryan Have You Seen My Mother

• Mulan
    Mulan

My copy arrived on Saturday, and I will be reading it soon.

I have trouble with books that are too sad though. I can only take so much human misery.

One of my daughters in law's mother wrote a book about her childhood and the lifetime of abuse she took from her grandfather and a parade of stepfathers. I read about 1/3 and had to put it away. I just can't take it. It's hard for me to talk to her about it all, knowing what she went through, but she understands how I feel.

Anyway, Bryan, I am giving it a go.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

good for you Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit