• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I cannot put this book down, 50 pages to go

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hey Lady Lee - HUGS

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone
    Lady Lee, I'm halfway through it, too. I'm so glad I have it. I never realized that some j.w.'s can be this bad, seeing they are supposed to be following in Jesus' footsteps.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Hubert

goddamn hypocrites is right... my own father, the exemplary "elder" would beat me everynight for absolutely no reason except that he was drunk... its a religion that holds many ticking time bombs... seems to attract them... the infamous one

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Done!

Wow My eyes are swollen and puffy from the tears. Tears for the boy and his mother mixed with tears of my own losses.

Certainly gives me much to think about how the lies my father told me affected the relationship I had with my missing mother.

Bryan. Thank you so much for this book. A new window to yet another part of my past.

• hubert
    hubert
    my own father, the exemplary "elder" would beat me everynight for absolutely no reason except that he was drunk...

Sorry to hear that you had such a rotten childhood.

I hope things are much better for you now, infamous. (((((hugs)))), my friend.

Hubert

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((the infamousone))) Sorry I didn't see your post last night

• Shania
    Shania

I'm half way through it too, boy, I have gone through alot of emotions as I read it...............I don't like Jo, then I don't like dad, then I think Bryan went off the deep end, but who could blame him...........Bryan writes as though he is speaking right at you....................that is enough of the review, but I have a question for Bryan: WHENS THE MOVIE COMING?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I want to know if it has been suggested as a book club selection for Oprah

• Bryan
    Bryan

I'm sorry I'm just now getting back to you!

I have just returned from the New Orleans Book Fest. I didn't have internet while there.

I'm happy you're enjoying the book, but I hate to know it's hitting triggers. I hope you're okay.

While writting it, I cried, just as you are while reading it.

I had a second cousin call me over the weekend. He's almost 30 and has NEVER called me, nor I him. His wife got a hold of the copy I sent his mother. He said his wife has never read a book like this, "She won't put it down", he told me.

My best,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Bryan
    Bryan
    WHENS THE MOVIE COMING?

Working on it!

Thanks,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+