How many more years before no one believes in God?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• rmt1
    rmt1

The belief that an incorporeal religiously and morally obligating authority figure exists beyond our observation is inversely proportional to knowledge base. GOD is the big answer at the end of the monster book when we are unable 'to bravely not know what every man has known before'. The absenses or interstices in our knowledge are like the pressurized cavity of a submarine. The wish for simplicity, the despair of no one having easy answers, causes G O D to rush into these cavities of knowledge like the Thresher in concrete galoshes. Some TIME article argued that monothesim is favored for selection by evolution. If so, it seems unlikely that evolution would abandon a working strategy: internalizing/endogenizing believers will statistically sustain reproduction vis a vis declining birth rates in externalizing/exogenizing individuals/states/nations where dopamine oops G O D is not up the dendrites.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i dont think its coming, there will always be stupid ppl...... AND RELIGION THRIVES ON MORONS!!!

the infamous one

• Now What?
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

I doubt very much that people will stop believing in a higher power - simply because there are those that want to know the purpose of their life, if there is more to this & men over generations and generations look to the heavens for those kinda things.

Even if all biblical literature was destroyed I think people would still find their "god" of some sort.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit