How many more years before no one believes in God?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Do you think there will come a time, where no one will believe in God or even talk about him?

Children at school aren't taught religion any more around here since years.

So, how long do you think it will take before no one talks about God anymore?

• JH
    JH

I think that the majority of people here in Quebec don't even believe in God anymore. I don't know about elsewhere though.

• lola28
    lola28

5 years, 11 months.

lola

• JH
    JH

I'd say more like 30 years...

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

6 years, 6 months and 6 days.

• twinflame
    twinflame

Do I calculate that based on the JW date for Jerusalem being destroyed, or the correct date? It would make a difference in my prediction, ya know.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

aw stop it - most people in the world believe in God. I'm afraid you'll have to put up with the majority of us for a long time yet.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Do you think there will come a time, where no one will believe in God or even talk about him?

Children at school aren't taught religion any more around here since years.

So, how long do you think it will take before no one talks about God anymore?

I'm very pleased my tax dollars aren't used to terrorize and haunt the mind of children with Christian Horror Tales of the mnass-murderer Joe Hovah or any other version of said Cosmic Tyrant.

However, recent advances in neurology have demonstrated that 'spiritual experiences' are hard wired into the human brain. So, religion in one form or another is here to stay unless genetically engineered out. Have you ever compared the crime rate for countries that are predominantly atheist/agnostic with those that are primarily Theist (such as USA)? The atheist countries have a much lower crime rate. If you wish the most current stats, email [email protected]

If you believe this is your one and only shot at life, you're less inclined to muck it up than if you believe you're eternal.

Yours NOT in Joe Hovah
    Nate

• JH
    JH

Well, here where I live 95% of people are Catholic, and most churches will be closed in about 10 years, because just about no one goes to church anymore.

So 95% of families around here won't even mention the word God, never ever.

The Other 5% of believers will be labeled "Queer"

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

All the churches, temples, synagogues, mosques, covens, etc, in the entire world can close and people will still invent deities to believe in. It's hard-wired.

Twenty or thirty years hence the pendulum will be swinging the other way and folks will be filling the churches once more to be hoodwinked, clipped, shaved, taken, flim-flammed, conned, gormandized, had.

*Whew*
    Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit