My youngest son had an interesting question. Are there at this moment more

by avengers 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I remember a post - a long time ago - by Maximus who said that for every 10 kids that are raised In The Truthâ„¢, 8 of them leave when they have the opportunity to do so. That would include baptized and unbaptized youths. The ones who get baptized would show up in the DFd/DAd statistics, but the smart ones who didn't get baptized would just disappear.

That must be part of the reason why they are letting kids get baptized younger and younger all the time... to keep some kind of death grip on them if they realize they will lose their family if they leave.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Who are the 6,000,000 non "publisher" attenders at the Memorial last year? My guess is they are mostly ex Witnesses who are believers. There are the walkaways and disfellowshipped and that number has to be near 200 k a year. If you add the "Pissed off at Jehovah's Witnesses" to the number, you have a LOT of people who don't want to be Witnesses.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

If there aren't more ex jws than current jws already, I think maybe there soon will be. More and more people in the org are seeing it for what it is - a man made religion built on fairytale promises with no truth in them whatsoever. I hope to be around when the tower falls and becomes rubble.

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

quote...I remember a post - a long time ago - by Maximus who said that for every 10 kids that are raised In The Truthâ„¢, 8 of them leave when they have the opportunity to do so. That would include baptized and unbaptized youths. The ones who get baptized would show up in the DFd/DAd statistics, but the smart ones who didn't get baptized would just disappear.

That must be part of the reason why they are letting kids get baptized younger and younger all the time... to keep some kind of death grip on them if they realize they will lose their family if they leave...end quote

sorry dont use IE...

Yeah I belong to the non baptized disappearing group, im a regular houdini ;)

J

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I agree with Richie. Surely the wisdom and intelligence of every ex-JW is worth at least two of current JW's.

• avengers
    avengers

Thanks for all the input. That was fun. If anyone has more ideas about how to get the figures, great.

Andy.

• hideme
    hideme

I have wondered myself about that. Here in The Netherlands we had about 30,000 JWs in 1974. Since then there were over 30,000 new baptized brothers and sisters. And guess what?? We have about 30,000 publishers now. So in 30 years, 30,000 new dubs - and still not one more !! That means, in The Netherlands there are definitely more ex-JW's than JW's. All over the world: in 1973 wordlwide dubs:

+ since 1973 new baptised :

makes:

Of course people die: Maybe that's 10% ?

Total possible amount of publishers:

Soooo, there's about 3000000 lost brothers... Oh - and about baptism: In a talk on our last special assembly day the District Overseer said to 8-year old children (they had to raise their hands!) "Did you already ask your father when you can be baptised?" "Eight year old children are NOT too young to make this kind of decisions!" So, when my children now tell me they don't want to go to kingdom hall, and want to celebrate their birthday - what can I say? They are old enough to make this kind of decision!! This brother told us - eight-year old can make his own decision!

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I think it depend how you count them.

If you count non-DF'd Baptised JW's vs DF'd Baptised Publishers, I think the JW's would have it.

If you count active publishers vs inactive, DF'd and kids who grew up in it and left.... The ex's have it IMO.

• vitty
    vitty

I was looking through the bound volumes `92 and `02 to see what the difference was in numbers in the UK and I cant find the pages. It was usually sept or october. Does anybody know ?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Look in January 1 Watchtower or the Yearbook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit