My youngest son had an interesting question. Are there at this moment more

by avengers 22 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

XJDubbs than JDubbs?

Are there at this moment more XJDubbs than JDubbs?

or

Are there at this moment more JDubbs than XJDubbs?

awaiting your infinite wisdom

This is just for fun

Andy

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats a good question.

i wonder how many of the 6 million dubs counted by the wtbs are actually still in. i' wonder if i'm counted and i've not been to a meeting in years.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'd honestly guess more witnesses than exwitnesses.

But, we definitely have more smarts than them.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I don't know for sure but I will hope for ...There are more ex witnesses!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They only count the publishers, so we're off the books if we haven't counted time in over a year.

Given that exJWs die as well as JWs, my guess is that there's little we can use to draw a comparison. I wouldn't like to even guess what the split might be.

I'd like to think we out-number them, though - please don't burst my bubble

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Do the "millions now living" from the twenty's that are now dead count as "ex-jw"'s? ;-)

I would guess more JW's than ex-JW's. Based on the fact that I really don't have a clue and this coin I just flipped came up heads.

Dave

• twinflame
    twinflame
    i wonder how many of the 6 million dubs counted by the wtbs are actually still in. i' wonder if i'm counted and i've not been to a meeting in years.

I've wondered the same thing. I thought they used active or even irregular publishers in the count, but not inactive. I would DA myself right now if I thought they still counted me.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Obviously more EX than current. The churn rate for JW's keeps supassing everyone's expectations. Go young people!

If a couple hundred thousand are df'd or da each year, add that up over the last few decades.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    If a couple hundred thousand are df'd or da each year, add that up over the last few decades.

At various times I have heard that about 45,000 or so were DF'd in a given year. Assuming that perhaps that many unbaptized ones leave too per year that means 100,000 or so leave per year?

But the baptized last year was still 140,000 if I recall. So I would say still more jw than xjw. But we are gaining I think.

Jeff

• aniron
    aniron

There are probably many ex-JW's out there who we will never know of. If it wasn't for the Internet many of us on here would never have known of other ex-JW's existence. There must be many who left years ago that we do not know about.

I seem to recall a while ago that someone had worked out from past WT reports taking into account baptisms and that no one left. The number of JW's should be about 12 million today. As they number about 6 and a quarter million today. Does this mean there are approx an equal number of ex-JW's as there are JW's today.

Our mission, (should you accept it, Jim) is to make sure that the number of JW's decreases or at best slow it growth down substantially.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit