Dave, you're hilarious!!!
    tp

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Dave

I'm going to be giggling all night about that one

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

My wife was told by the p.o. (not post office) that they will be asking her views about the organization & the F&D slave even though it has nothing to do with her DF.

B

• marsal
    marsal

What scriptures do they use to justify the whole practice of reinstatement?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

blindersoff

My wife was told by the p.o. (not post office) that they will be asking her views about the organization & the F&D slave even though it has nothing to do with her DF.

I think they want to make sure she hasn't become an apostate while she was out

Marsal

What scriptures do they use to justify the whole practice of reinstatement?
    I suspect the prodigal son but since I've never been reinstated I can't say
  • kwintestal
    kwintestal
    If they decided to reinstate you were you told not to discuss why you were DFed, especially if another JW was involved?

I was told that I would be obligated to talk to others about what I did wrong if I felt it would stop them from making the same mistake. Funny, because I was DF'd for putting private thoughts into a diary which was then read by my mother and then passed onto the elders, so was I supposed to read other people's diarys?

Kwin

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

kwin

That is weird

• blondie
    blondie
    (

2 Corinthians 2:5-8) . . .. 6 This rebuke given by the majority is sufficient for such a man, 7 so that, on the contrary now, YOU should kindly forgive and comfort [him], that somehow such a man may not be swallowed up by his being overly sad. 8 Therefore I exhort YOU to confirm YOUR love for him.

*** w91 4/15 p. 21 Imitate God’s Mercy Today ***

If that is the case, he may be reinstated, in line with the pattern at 2 Corinthians 2:5-8. In the event that he had been disfellowshipped for many years, he will need to make a concerted effort to progress

*** km 3/83 p. 3 Announcements ***

Questions have been raised as to how long one must wait after a reproof or reinstatement before qualifying for appointment as an auxiliary pioneer. Since all pioneers are required to be exemplary in conduct, this privilege may not be extended to one until at least one year has passed following a reproof or reinstatement from disfellowshipping or disassociation. All restrictions imposed by the judicial committee must already have been removed.

Where is the scripture that supports these statements above?

Some things to consider:

The WTS says they pattern their judicial proceedings on how the Israelites conducted their hearings. Remember that according to the WTS, the sins they consider DFing ones are capital offenses, punishable by death under the Law. How could anyone be "reinstated" from death?

Also, Paul wrote both 1 and 2 Corinthians in the same year, 55 AD. How long could this man have been expelled? Not years but months (assuming he was DF'd according to WTS current policies).

How long was after denying Christ was Peter representing the Christian congregation at Pentecost, less than 2 months?

The hearings under the Law were not closed door proceedings either.

In 1 Corinthians there are no details.

The WTS accuses the Mormons of adding to the Bible; at least the Mormons are more open about it; the WTS will make up what is not in the Bible to support their policies. If the FDS/GB says it, it is the same as coming from God.

Blondie

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    Remember that according to the WTS, the sins they consider DFing ones are capital offenses, punishable by death under the Law.

+ Smoking (We are the F&D Master Slave, so we can add it if we want to)

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the WTS considers smoking equivalent to spiritism, which was a capital offense under the Law.

Of course, the WTS is adding to the Bible considering smoking spiritism.

g86 4/8 p. 9 Facing the Facts: Tobacco Today ***
    Tobacco use originated with animism, spiritism, and worship of man-made gods—all condemned in the Bible as degrading practices that lead one away from the Creator. (See box, "The Sacred Leaf That Caught On," page 4.) (Romans 1:23-25)

g86 4/8 p. 4 The Sacred Leaf That Caught On ***
    Long before Columbus, nearly all the early peoples of the Americas held tobacco sacred. Originally, smoking was a right and function of witch doctors and priests. They used its narcotic effect to induce visions during solemn tribal rites. "Tobacco was intimately associated with their gods," reports historian W. F. Axton, "not only in their religious observances but also in their curative or healing procedures, all of which were connected in one way or another with their religion."

it-2 p. 1027 Spiritism ***
    God’s law to Israel forbade anyone’s inquiring of the dead and made the practice of spiritism a capital offense. (Le 19:31; 20:6, 27; De 18:9-12; compare Isa 8:19.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit