GoingGoingGone

by twinflame 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• bythesea
    bythesea

Good news folks! I got a pm from GGG yesterday morning and everyone made it fine...sounds like lots of damage to things outside, but the family is safe and sound! They were in camping mode, cooking on the grill, flushing the toilet with water from the pool, etc. but she was in good spirits and hoping their power would be on soon.... I'm sure you will all hear from her again soon! She is a great friend and is the one who encouraged me to check all of you guys out! I'm glad she did!!

If I hear anything else from her I'll let you all know!!

bythesea

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

Great news that she is ok

• twinflame
    twinflame

Great news, bythesea. Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing from her soon!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

You guys are so sweet!! I'm touched!

We're fine.. the phone is back now, power is back as of last nite (yippee!!!), but still no running water or cable (thus dial up internet, and I can't get online much yet). The KH is running on a generator, but they had the meeting tonite!!! There are still a lot of people with no power, including half my neighborhood, so I feel kind of bad for them.

There is a LOT of damage around here, but newer houses are built to strict hurricane codes and fared very well. There are downed trees absolutely everywhere, though. They say that about 50% of the trees in the county are gone. 30-40% of the mobile homes in the county are destroyed. Lots of roofs are missing shingles, a tree fell on a neighbor's car and crushed it, but people are cleaning up and moving on. I do miss running water, though.... we've been showering at friends' houses.

Thanks for the pm's and all the concern! I'll be back more regularly when I get my regular internet back again.

GGG (of the Windblown But Otherwise Fine Class)

• twinflame
    twinflame

Welcome back (((GGG))) Glad you were safe and sound. Meeting by generator, huh? Was there field service this morning?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit