OW!!!!!! MY NECK!!!!!

by banished1 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Banished - glad you are recupperating comfortably - alittle whiskey and limon, slightly warmed can be good for the throat - its says so in the bible - near where it says 7 pints of lager are superb for judgement...

• banished1
    banished1

Misanthrop, wow, I guess this is a little taste of a whiplash huh?
    I have never been injured in a car wreck. I had a car wreck but was not injured.
    Months and months of pain huh?
    Wow.
    I have to say, even now after only a night and morning I am feeling a bit better.
    Still this hard to swallow feeling is strange. But it makes sense if your whole neck is tender, your throat mechanism could be affected.

I have no medical insurance right now and have no doctor.
    My HMO is Home Medical Only.

I almost bought last weekend at a yard sale a Home Remedy Book, but it wasnt well written I thought. There must be others better written I'd like.
    I used to work with a woman who knew all sorts of effective poultices she learned from her American Indian mother. She talked of soaking cloths in mustard and cayenne etc.
    I wish I had knowledge of that stuff.
    One thing I did learn from her is that red cayenne pepper stops bleeding.
    Once when I cut myself in the kitchen real good I grabbed the bottle of cayenne pepper and generously poured it on the wound. It was spurting blood, but then all of a sudden the bleeding stopped!!
    Epsom salt baths are comforting. Gargling with salt is supposed to heal an infected throat.
    My father used to take us to the ocean and make us kids bathe in the ocean to heal some contagious leg sores we picked up at school...empatigo I think it was called...it worked!

Just today on t.v. they emphasized how important it is to wash our hands to prevent the flu.

• banished1
    banished1

Crumpet, it looks like you are eating an apple. I thought "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" might be your better advice!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Banished - judging by my last experience with an apple I would say not!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

My HMO is Home Medical Only.

LOL I think that’s a good description of most purchased HMO’s as well……..

Yeah I wish I had expertise with the "do-it-yourself" home remedy's too. Once thought I had a really bad cut in my knee and this older woman shoved sugar into it sayiing it would heal faster, and it did with a barely noticeable scar!

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

I think problems swallowing are a sign to be safe and go to the hospital. Go to a public hospital and they won't refuse you even if you have no money. Don't worry about the bill. You can take your sweet time paying it back...and if you don't they won't come after you. That 's what they're there for. Emergencies. Take advantage and be certain.

Dez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit