OW!!!!!! MY NECK!!!!!

by banished1 15 Replies latest jw friends

• banished1
    banished1

Had a headache yesterday and the new hubby pulled on my neck to relieve the headache.
    YIKES!!!! Today I cannot move my neck or even swallow!!!!!

Is this what a whiplash feels like???????
    How many days will I be like this????
    I cant sleep, I cant sit, .......wahhhhhhhhhhhh! I CANT EVEN SWALLOW!!!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Chiropractor. Get it put back in place, then run out of there before they sell you a program of natural health.

AuldSoul

• gladdy
    gladdy

That sounds worse than whiplash, it shouldnt really affect your swallowing, I suggest going to a doctor asap. tell new hubby to keep his hands below your neck! ha ha

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Had an accident, trip, fall or twisted neck and closed gullet as the result of husband's lack of medical expertise? Sue his ass off or at the very least demand a profusion of swallowable ice cream ( and none of his homemade variety either!)

• banished1
    banished1

Believe me Crumpet, he is paying.....BIG TIME!!!!
    He actually cried last night as he realized he did this to me.
    He had to help me turn this way and that last night. He had to dress me for bed.
    This morning he had to fluff and plump all my pillows and fill my hot water bottle.
    Before he left for work he built a fire to keep me warm and promised to pick up stuff from the store and be home early to care for me.

He offered to rub my neck, but I politely declined.

Actually this happened once before to me.

Years ago I went to a massage training school for a discount massage......BIG MISTAKE!
    A student while giving the head and shoulders massage offered to give me something she just learned. She pulled my head just like hubby did. The next day I had a whopper neck ache!
    HER I WANTED TO SUE AND PUNCH HER LIGHTS OUT!!!!
    But naturally she was practically a penniless exhooker trying to learn a useful trade.
    I did report her to the school and hoped she would be cautioned and instructed in the right way to handle a client's neck.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I vote chiropractor as well. Every once in a blue moon my back gets all out of whack, I can hardly move. I go for ONE visit, they crack and snap and whatever and in a day or so I'm fine. No follow up, definitely no "wellness plan", and no "chiro can cure allergies" foolishness. But the odd crack/snap now again is a wonderful thing.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Dave

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Had a headache yesterday and the new hubby pulled on my neck to relieve the headache.

Ahhh banished - your hubby sounds lovely! just next time, for headache relief recommend sensitive massage of certain areas works better for ladies than pulling which tends to work better for men!

At least you'll know better than to say you have a headache next time! hehe

Hope you feel better soon!

• horrible life
    horrible life

I agree with the chiropractor, but... If you are from the US, especially in the South, we have doctors, MD's and DO's. I always knew that they had basically the same training, but I was talking to the wife of a DO, Doctor of Osteopathy. She said a DO is also trained in manipulation. So if you had a DO in your area, you would have a bonus. A doctor who understood muscles, and you could get some muscle relaxants, at the same visit. HL

• banished1
    banished1

Thanks all for the suggestions. I have just returned from spending another hour in bed with a hot water bottle under my neck. That really helped. I'm sure it is just muscle strain and I will recover as I did last time.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Ouch Banished1! I can feel your pain. I was in a car accident awhile back and had whiplash when a woman plowed into the back of my car at a red light. I was in pain for months and months and went to a chiropractor several times a week for what seemed like forever.

I hope you will get some relief soon, go see a chiropractor and maybe it will help at least with not being able to move your neck...... Hope you get better soon!

MIS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit