Hi! I'm new here!

by watch the tower 19 Replies latest jw friends

• watch the tower
    watch the tower

Hi I've been checking out this board for a while. I've finally mustered up the guts to post. You guys have really helped me to open my eyes. I've read COC and ISOCF among other "apostate" publications. I'm no longer an active witness. There is definitely something wrong with the WTS and the whole JW religion based on this information and my own personal experience. I always felt that there was something just not right about all of this. Who else thinks that the WTS is not really what it appears to be? When I first started questioning things about the WTS, I thought that the WTS was simply being mislead in leading their followers into believing incorrect wacky doctrines. The more I read about it and thought about it, I'm starting to think there could be something deeper than that. Does anyone else agree with me?

I think it's great to have a support system like this message board! It has helped me immensely. Thank You!

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

• mouthy
    mouthy

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grace?Mouthy/Granny

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi Watch the Tower. Welcome. I'm with you, I don't think they're simply misled.

Cellist

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome to the forum!

The more I read about it and thought about it, I'm starting to think there could be something deeper than that. Does anyone else agree with me?

The only info I have to base it on -- beyond just speculation -- is Crisis of Conscience. I was left with the impression that the Governing Body knows some of their doctrines are dodgy, but fear people leaving the organization if they go around changing them. This is based on the idea that they genuinely believe they are leading "god's organization", the modern day ark, and anyone leaving it is doomed. So they are deluded enough to believe that they must lie to the flock in order to protect it.

Glad I'm out! Glad yer out! Yay!

Dave

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome!

DY

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

They are definitely whacked out I agree. As far as conspiracies go maybe at the very upper echelons, but even a lot of those at Bethel are very much deceived. Who knows the top is either composes of complete psychopaths that believe their own bullshit lies, or people who inhereted a very successful corporation and are apt to keep up appearances in the interests of power, control and profit.

• Now What?
    Now What?

Greetings and Welcome!

Who else thinks that the WTS is not really what it appears to be?

*raises hand

I'm starting to think there could be something deeper than that. Does anyone else agree with me?

Hmmm, perhaps there are some ulterior motives, but I don't think to the deep level of some major global conspiracy to undermine civilization as we know it (although they may wish it to be so).

Looking forward to your discussions in the future!

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i think most of us agree that they are not misled themselves, but know they're wrong and continue to teach it as truth. i think there is a lot of pressure for new governing body members to conform. only apostates know what goes on in a governing body meeting. so when a regular brother finally makes governing body, it's like they worked too hard to not just do what everyone else is doing... they don't want to seem like the apostate...

bethel

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

Welcome Welcome Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit