Thank you everyone for the warm welcome

by onesong 6 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

To answer a few ?'s. Yes I have trivialized a lot, but I'm healing so well. I was just waiting to explode with exploration of all types of spiritualty that secretly fascinated me.I know I was df'd, I was just surprised I didn't get a chance to appeal, I had a great letter waiting. Yes I have read dear Raymond books- very helpful. And yes I now detest the status titles, I only used them to show how deep I was.

A quick story. At a meeting last year with the elders (when my questioning began) one of them made the comment that there is a fine line between being objective and apostate. The next day my mother -in-law told me that my sensitivity, openhearteness, and logic would cause me to leave the Org. So ultimately I was being told that if I could be insensitive, closehearted, illogical, and unobjective (very subjective) then I would be fine! The saddest part is that they don't know how right they are.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Isn't it amazing what you see when you "read between the lines", once you begin to understand there is something between the lines?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Life's a bitch...

Then you realize you were in a cult!

u/d

• TopHat
    TopHat

The way I see the WTS now with eyes wide open is: They are USERS and the members are the faithful SLAVES (volunteers) to do the biding of the these USERS. In exchange for the promise of everlasting life. That's how we got sucked in to a life of ZOOMBIE salvery.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• kid-A
    kid-A

there is a fine line between being objective and apostate

A classic JW line!!! It just blows my mind these words could actually come out of a human beings mouth!! LOL

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    So ultimately I was being told that if I could be insensitive, closehearted, illogical, and unobjective (very subjective) then I would be fine!

That is precisely on point OS.

I was all that for 4 decades - I don't know looking back how I ever believed that God would be pleased with that.

We were so closeminded that although sensitive, loving, logical and objective 'householders' did not even effect us at all. I never recall a single householder in all the dozens of thousands of people I must have spoken to making even a dent in my illogical outlook.

We were brainwashed good, my friend.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit