Bible study turns tragic two dead

by DannyHaszard 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Also of note is the statistic that FHN posted that said 75% of drownings occured when the children had been missing from sight for five minutes or less.

As a mother of four I've had ample experience with the fact that children operate at warp speed. You can literally turn your back for five seconds and in that time they can dismantle, climb to the top of, destroy, color on, or eat almost anything.

I'm a paranoid parent, and I still haven't managed to avoid them hurting themselves somehow. (Not badly thank goodness!)

• Anitar
    Anitar

How awful, maybe if they were spending time with the kids, instead their heads were lost in clouds of fantasy of the watchtower. Some might say they are better off dead than growing up as one of them, but I'm not sure. I believe people are people, as a witness or not.

Anitar

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Within minutes

You must understand the filipino's grasp of the english language. They use terms that rarely mean what they are meant to. "Within minutes" could refer to any block of minutes, up to, but less than an hour.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Ok, how long before we fly off the handle and start blaming everyone for something we have little info on? This is my one complaint about the invective here towards the Society. Even legitimate tragedies like this deserve a little objectivity. Me thinks the mother should have kept better watchmbut as has been said here it only takes a few minutes. Eventually it will come out who's fully responsible, but in the mean time can't we just have empathy toward the Mother and her loss?

Down with the Society, don't confuse my objectivity with a lack of dislike for the Washtowell and Bath Society.

W.Once

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Whilst it is tragic that the children died, there is nothing spectacular that it was a Witness compound in which they died. The point is that some unsupervised children drowned in a pool. There is no point trying to make this fodder for negative press about the Witnesses. They do plenty of that on their own in more legimate areas.

The suspicion about children drowning "within minutes" is pathetic. Yes, children (indeed, anyone) can drown "in minutes", in fact, less than five minutes.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

There is no point trying to make this fodder for negative press about the Witnesses. They do plenty of that on their own in more legimate areas.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Damned computer...sorry.

Add to the above post...I'm with you on this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit