Bible study turns tragic two dead

by DannyHaszard 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

2 kids drown in QC pool
    Tempo, Philippines - 18 minutes ago
    A bible study turned tragic for two children after they drowned while swimming in a pool at the Watchtower compound of the Jehovah’s Witness in Roosevelt ...

2 kids drown in QC pool

A bible study turned tragic for two children after they drowned while swimming in a pool at the Watchtower compound of the Jehovah’s Witness in Roosevelt Avenue, San Francisco Del Monte (SFDM), Quezon City on Sunday night, police said yesterday .

Chief Inspector Reynaldo Medina, chief of the Quezon City Police District-General Assignment Section in Camp Karingal, identified the victims as Jen Lorain Napalang, 8 years old; and Darren del Prado, 7; both grade two pupils and residing at 48 Sapocoy St., Barangay Manresa.

Medina said 21-year-old Michelle Napalang, sister of Jen, told police that she and the two children went to the Watchtower for a bible study but before doing so, decided to take their pictures inside the compound.

However, the two disappeared from her sight and minutes later were found floating at a nearby pool at around 5:45 p.m.

The two children were then taken by Watchtower employees to the Capitol Medical Center but were declared dead on arrival by attending doctors.

Medina said the bodies of the victim’s were then transferred to the Philippine National Police-Crime Laboratory for autopsy.

----------------------------------

Tragic story indeed,one of my biggest fears with baby sis and bro was 'other peoples' swimming pools.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Hi Danny, sad story.

On a brighter note keep doing what you do, you are an admired man.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

hmmm, two kids die with in min? hmmmmm, me thinks something is fishie.

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

Yeah - it just doesn't sound right. Accidents happen - but "within minutes"???

They had to be left unsupervised longer than that! Just seems weird.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""Accidents happen - but "within minutes"???""

Yes with in minutes !! I lost a cousin within minutes. My wife had a cousin who drown within minutes. Why do you feel that something doesn't sound right ?

• Soledad
    Soledad

Drowning can happen within a matter of minutes. I lost a relative that way.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

You'd think Jehovah could have sent two angelic lifeguards to at least perform CPR in time.

OK cheap joke at a terrible news story, I'm sorry.

• freedom96
    freedom96

How very tragic.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It takes three minutes to lose consciousness after losing breath and five or six without breathing to start to die, depending on the age of the victim and temp of the water. Drownings do happen quickly. I wonder if one child tried to help the other and they both went under. Especially if the water was over their heads.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I tried to correct my last post, but got an error message. You can lose consciousness before three minutes and your cells start to die after four minutes of oxegen deprivation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit