Why do women do this???

by dezpbem 40 Replies latest jw friends

• dezpbem
    dezpbem
    The women are gay or bisexual and are looking at your friend, not you.

Umm, no, LOL! I have seen women looking at her though and I do know the difference.

I'ts hard to explain by post. Just one quick example we're sitting at an event, she's on my right. To the right of her are two females. When she's turned toward me one keeps staring, and I mean long deep stare, right into my eyes. Hard to explain but from that angle she couldn't look at my friend's face. And she keeps doing this through the night. My friend caught it eventually and gave her a long stare at one point.

Believe me this is more common than you may know. I have seen women who don't even notice that other women do this. My friend is very aware and does catch it. I may misjudge it but if I were on the receiving end I wouldn't appreciate it. I can't say it happens as much with women I date. Meaning I see men sometimes look at a girlfriend but they'll stop or it's a more normal quick thing.

• dezpbem
    dezpbem
    Why do a lot of men assume that any woman who looks at them or smiles at them is interested in them as a possible lover? This is assumption is very amusing, yet also annoying as hell.

I don't assume that whenever a woman looks or smiles she's interested. Now your the one who is assuming. Under normal circumstances I don't get as many looks from women. But go out with a woman and that changes. If you reread the whole thread you'll see that this is a common experience. Your projecting your own assumptions onto this.

I don't mind at all a friendly smile or friendly looks. This was not. I'm aware of the difference despite your assumptions otherwise.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is an effect caused by women thinking: "If he's good enough for her then he must be good enough for me!"

Seinfeld did an episode about this. George Costanza found that if he showed hot women a picture of his hot "girl friend" who had "died tragically" the hot women would fall for him right on the spot. In reality the picture of his hot "girl friend" came with his wallet.

Sadly George lost the picture and the hotties stopped paying attention to him.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dez, read again, I said why do a lot of men assume, not why do you assume? My question is a sincere question. I'd like to have a million dollars for every time I've heard a guy say, "She wants me." because a woman happened to be looking in his general direction. Did you look behind you? Maybe there was a TV behind you, or another man. I'm not saying that women don't do this to you, but the fact that they aren't looking when you are alone should tell you something. And then maybe those women are playing a game, trying to see if they can get men who they think or married or on dates to look at them, for varying reasons. One could be they like the man, another could be they just like attention and attention from an attached man is a higher score.

I used to get all kinds of attention when I was out with my boyfriends or husband, from other men. I've even had it happen in the past couple of years. I had one man come up at karaoke and tell Andy to watch out for me because I wanted him. He was an Elvis impersonator and not a young man. If the guy hadn't been so pathetic, I think Andy might have been tempted to smack him one.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Sadly George lost the picture and the hotties stopped paying attention to him.

I hope you don't take George seriously.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hey FHN!! Stop hitting on me!! :-)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Hey FHN!! Stop hitting on me!! :-)

In your case, you might be right.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

It is also curious, in my opinion, that there are more females born than males. I think women rate a guy's desirability, in part, by what sort of woman he can attract. If they see her as nothing special, they consider him nothing special. If they see her as a peer, he becomes desirable. If they envy her, she becomes the subject of all manner of slander.

I think this is because, somewhere back in time, a form of instinctual eugenics was at work that helped a virile man find many mates. It is all about continuing the experiment, after all. Our genes want to try out some other combinations.

AuldSoul

• John Doe
    John Doe
    In your case, you might be right.

;-)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I think women rate a guy's desirability, in part, by what sort of woman he can attract.

This works both ways.

Dez, you are a real cutie, by your avatar anyway. Maybe when you are alone, the gals are intimidated. When you have a girl with you, the gals assume you are attainable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit