so many questions, such little support

by had2bhime 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cellist
    Cellist

Sorry, I have no answers. But welcome to the board.

Cellist

• Now What?
    Now What?

Greetings and welcome had2behime!

These are just my own opinions/observations so take them for what they are worth

- Is the Quran the truth or is it just stolen ideas from other religions put together by a mad man or a man who was quite possibly visited by a demon rather than an angel?

Several posters already made good comments on this, including some of the sources for the Qur'an. What I find hard to accept though is basing one's faith on a book, any book, regardless of how 'holy' it claims to be or it's followers claims it is. When I was leaving the jw and looking at other faith systems, one of the biggest turn-offs was insistance upon an all-or-nothing acceptance of a particular book. Especially among many protestant and pseudo-christian groups. They seemed to be more Biblistians than Christians because of using a book as the foundation of their faith rather than Christ. I find a similar phenomenon amongst Muslim groups too. Why not learn what positive things are in the worlds religions and go from there?

- Are the JW the only ones who acknowledge the name of god and use it in their religion?

No way! God's name in one form or another is all over the place, even if not specifically in the church name. For example, many Christian churches still use the KJV and preach a divine name. The Catholics sing Allelujah before every gospel reading and sing songs about Yahweh. My brother's church (protestant-Disciples of Christ) uses the NIV but still knows God's name and the textural variations of it. The illusion the the watchtower has fed us about noone else using/knowing a personal name for God is just that, an illusion.

- Why are the "elders" allowed to kick out or as i feel "judge" another witness?

Protection from those that come to know the 'truth about the truth' and to keep the congregation free of what they deem as being evil or unscriptural practices: like having sex between consenting adults, overeating or smoking. In short, a method of group control to prune the group into what the wt wants it to be.

- Is it really logic to think that a loving and caring god would condemn his creation to hell?

Contrary to the popular beleif on the board, i find hell to be an act of love. It's not for those who sin out of weakness or just because we as people do that. That would indeed be a cruel thing to do. Rather I see it as a response to those that downright want nothing to do with God. Ok, so God provides a place where his effects are not felt, a total separartion from Him. We call it Hell. So those that end up in hell are actually getting exactly what they are asking for, total separation from God, either by explicitly declaring so or by demonstration of gross lack of love (like murderers, rapists, molesters, etc). Since they are getting what they want, what's the complaint?

- What is the closest religion to the truth other than JW?

Love. Christ's message was about love. It is also a binding thread in Islam, and many other major religions. I firmly believe that where love is, there is God present, regardless if the person is an agnostic, pagan, muslim, jew, christian, whatever. Being Christian, I hold the opinion that an explicit knowledge of Christ is not necessary as long as Christ is implicit in a persons actions. So two pagans that have love amongst themselves has Christ active in their lives whether they know it or not. So the root is love, not 'religion'.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome H2BHime.

Glad to see you here. There are wide varieties of answers to some of the questions you pose here. But all these people will help you 'widen out' in your direction.

One bit of advise I would offer - do the work! Investigate, investigate, investigate! I doubt anyone can point to or prove that they have the ultimate Truth on thier side. But one thing is certain on this board - the assertions made by the Watchtower society that Jehovah's witnesses have the 'truth' can be largely overturned by reason presented here and elsewhere.

Recomendation number one - Google 'Crisis of Conscience' and buy the book by Raymond Franz. He was a former member of the Governing Body of JW's - kicked out for all intents and purposes for accepting the Bible above the word of men. It will open your eyes to the deceptions of the witness organization - it is a pretty good start on your journey.

Jeff

• mdb
    mdb
    Is the Quran the truth or is it just stolen ideas from other religions put together by a mad man or a man who was quite possibly visited by a demon rather than an angel?

The Quran is an Islamic religious text. It is not God's word and Islam is a religion following after a false god. Here's a quotation from this "sacred text":

The Immunity [9.30] And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

Is it really logic to think that a loving and caring god would condemn his creation to hell?

God gave us a choice and there is a consequence to our actions. He is a just judge and a righteous God. Because of our sin, we deserve death, but because God loved us, he took it upon himself to perform the greatest act of love (to died for one's friends ~John 15:13) and willingly died in our place so that we might live. That's a loving God.

Is it really logical to think that the created would turn their backs on the creator when they know that their choice will bring death?

What is the closest religion to the truth other than JW?
    Christianity (Christ followers, the body of Christ, the church) is the truth. The JW's have something close to the truth, but it is tainted with deceptive lies and a lack of scriptural understanding. The Watchtower Society is not God's earthly organization and the NWT is a mis-translated work from the infallible word of God.
  • Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    what is the closest religion to the truth other than JW?

No religion has the truth. At Luke 10: 25-28, Jesus tells us what we need to do to get life. If we love God and treate others like we want to be treated we will get life.We do not have to belong to any religion and slave for them. Watchtower Society is run by Apostates. Check their back ground and older publications and see how they have lied down through the years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit