so many questions, such little support

by had2bhime 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• had2bhime
    had2bhime

Im brand new here, just signed up today. I have more questions than I can remember. I was very excited to see that other witnesses have so many questions just as I do. I was raised a JW all my life untill i joined the Air Force, by that point i had stopped attending the meetings but kept reading the publications. Anyway, back to the questions, if anybody has any real solid answers pleace fill me in.

- Is the Quran the truth or is it just stolen ideas from other religions put together by a mad man or a man who was quite possibly visited by a demon rather than an angel?

- Are the JW the only ones who acknowledge the name of god and use it in their religion?

- Why are the "elders" allowed to kick out or as i feel "judge" another witness?

- Is it really logic to think that a loving and caring god would condemn his creation to hell?

- What is the closest religion to the truth other than JW?

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I'm an atheist and have no answers to your questions, but welcome to the board.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome!

— Is the Quran the truth or is it just stolen ideas from other religions put together by a mad man or a man who was quite possibly visited by a demon rather than an angel?

Another alternative is that the writings are the work of his disciples and they got as close as they could to expressing what they understood his teachings to be. That is what happened to Buddha and to Jesus.

— Are the JW the only ones who acknowledge the name of god and use it in their religion?

Absolutely not. The Authorized Version of the Bible included the name in four places, if it wasn't acknowledged or used by other religions it would be anywhere besides in JW literature. But the name of God is YHWH, not Jehovah. The closest we can come to the divine name is the consonants.

— Why are the "elders" allowed to kick out or as i feel "judge" another witness?

Because the Governing Body said they can. Why can the Governing Body grant that authority? Because the Governing Body says it can.

— Is it really logic to think that a loving and caring god would condemn his creation to hell?

In my opinion? Not for an unending time. But for an unspecified time, sure. Not very different from the way those in Sodom and Gomorrah died, actually.

— What is the closest religion to the truth other than JW?

Christianity. The same would be my answer if you had asked about LDS, Catholicism, Lutheranism, Baptist or any other organized religion that claims to be Christian. Christ didn't have a structured organization. C.T. Russell actively preached against developing any organization and in favor of an open and interacting association of Christians.

But, these are only my answers. What are your answers?

AuldSoul

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Are the JW the only ones who acknowledge the name of god and use it in their religion?

No there are other small sects - I think they are mainly break-aways from the WTBTS

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

WELCOME to the board BTW

• blondie
    blondie

Do other religions use the name of God (Jehovah, Yahweh) in their worship? It's not hard to find groups using Google.

http://www.jehovahjirehministries.com/

Jehovah Baptist Church 5795 Narrow Lane Road
    Montgomery, AL 36116

http://www.oakhills.net/

Today's Verse (10/23/05)

and he said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: Jehovah gave, and Jehovah hath taken away; blessed be the name of Jehovah.
    Job 1:21

http://netministries.org/cgi-bin/nmform02.exe

1. Jehovah-Rapha Healing Centre Of Deliverance Church , Bpt., CT
    2. Jehovah-Rapha Healing Centre Of Deliverance Church , Bridgeport, CT
    3. Jehovah's House Of Praise Evangelistic Ministries , Paterson, NJ
    4. Jehovah Jireh , Reno, NV
    5. Jehovah's Word Fellowship , Syracuse, NY
    6. Jehovah AME Church , Cross, SC
    7. Jehovah Jireh Outreach MInistries, Manning, SC *
    8. Jehovah Jireh Deliverance Tabernacle Ministries , Ravenel, SC
    9. Jehovah Jireh Deliverance Tabernacle Ministries , Ravenel/Charleston, SC
  • had2bhime
    had2bhime

so you agree with the concept of a fiery hell where the only thing that takes place is torture? Islam also teaches that people only serve a "sentence" in jail...is that where you get your point of view from?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Welcome to the board.

1) Mohammed stole some here, stole some there, threw in his own ideas and made it fit the customs of that area. Demon or angel? No. Just nuts. And smart. He became a leader, didn`t he? He was also very violent. But moslems will disagree, of course...

2) Not sure, but I think there might be some other small groups that also use it. It`s not necessarily that is supposed to be used anymore though, that depends on the interpretation of the Bible. The name isn`t, and never was, however, "Jehovah", it was YHWH, and noone can know how it was pronounced.

3) Because they suck, and they are allowed to do that by the GB, and they suck too.

4) Maybe, maybe not. If there is free will (and there is), if there is an objective form of right and wrong, good and evil, and someone is a real s.o.b, some punishment would be in order, I think, for the worst people. Child molestors, people who rape, murder, etc.

5) Any other. The JW-religion is BS. Always was, and always will. Because you asked that question, I can tell that you haven`t read around here much, or done much research on this. The religion you left to join the airforce, is, and always was, a LIE.

5(

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hey Stilla..........

No there are other small sects - I think they are mainly break-aways from the WTBTS

On the contrary..............

The witnesses are the ones who broke away during the Judge's reign of terror and the effects are still here today.

Just type in keyword............Bible Students.......International Bible students.........Peoples Pulpit.......Frank and Ernest........ etc. You will see a few sites that contain tons of information as to what took place way back when.

We only read in the Proclaimers book what the borg wanted us to read. You will be amazed once you read the other side of the story.

HappyDad

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

On the contrary.............. The witnesses are the ones who broke away during the Judge's reign of terror and the effects are still here today.

Sorry - my apologies- you are correct of course

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit