Newspaper Article on JWs today - Write the paper - PLEASE!!

by Seeker4 43 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I replied to the article but I think I got Quotes web address wrong. Oh well........if they really want to, they can find the site.

Here is what I wrote back to them...........

I read your article on the Jehovah's Witness quickbuild Kingdom Hall. They are to be commended for their united effort but why don't you do an article about their cover-ups of child molesters (Dateline TV exposure) (Silentlambs.com) and how they condemn and disfellowship those who talk about these molestations? Nine out of ten Jehovah's Witnesses don't have a clue as to these problems since they are covered over at the top echelon of the congregations.

Why not write about their rewriting of their own history and how they sue the ones who publish these lies (Watchtower Quotes.com)?

Why not write about how many families are broken up because of the way they enforce shunning of those who no longer want to believe all of the false prophesies they have made?

Take it from just one (Me) of tens of thousands of ex members who served this organization for over 30 years and was an Elder in it. There are two sides to it. The one they want the public to see (they call it theocratic warfare)and the one that actually takes place behind the Kingdom Hall doors and the headquarters in Brooklyn.

HappyDad

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Did you guys catch this in the side bar:

In 1888, Russell began writing what is now known as the Studies in the Scriptures, a sacred text. Russell died in October of 1916, leaving Joseph Franklin Rutherford with a solid foundation for the group we now call the Jehovah’s Witnesses. It was under Rutherford, in 1931, that the name “Jehovah's Witnesses” was adopted.

LOL! Where to start? Studies in the Scriptures are sacred to JWs? Since when? The foundation was left to Rutherford, or stolen for him?

AuldSoul

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Just heard from my son, who visited the quickbuild site with his mom (my ex-wife), still a JW, though he never was. He was really pissed at how some of the JWs treated him, completely ignoring him as though he were invisible. Some were great, those few who remain genuine people. A few he was so angry at I think they'll get their asses kicked if he ever catches them on the street.

He told me that the JWs said they were "upset" by the article - even though it was pretty friendly toward them.

We need to get a few more people involved in responding to this article. Lets go!!

S4

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Auld Soul,

You might want to inform them that things weren't quite that simple!

S4

• caligirl
    caligirl

I'll bet they were unhappy - it wasn't the glowing endorsement they were probably hoping for since it included references to the negative, which they would just like to stay under the rug where they tried to sweep it! Not surprised at the way your son was treated - sorry, but not surprised given the area. I'm contemplating a response, but I'm a little iffy on using my real name in my submission.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey, Caligirl,

Try your married name. Could use all the help I can get here. I'm very likely coming out in a major way in the next few days myself, in the paper. Try just writing a letter to Chris, who wrote the article. Doesn't necessarily have to go into the paper.Thanks!

S4

• caligirl
    caligirl

Ok - I will do it that way. A lot of people there know my married name too in that area. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely opinionated and not usually shy about expressing it (not the same as I used to be, I know!- The quiet girl in the corner is gone) , but at this point my parents are still willing and able to thumb their nose at the way they are supposed to treat us and have been overall very restpectful of me, so I want to do this in such a way that will not come back on them in any way. I'll get started on an email and let you know when it is done.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Seeker4, not everyone who writes the newspaper is going to announce that they did that. Also, not everyone who posts here has a life situation that lends to making themselves public. I happen to know a couple of news editors who are Jehovah's Witnesses. I am not DFd or DAd and I do not intend to get that way by writing anything more than anonymous replies to the news media for right now.

AuldSoul

• caligirl
    caligirl

I've sent an email to the writer, and said that he can use anything I wrote, provided that I am only identified as a former witness, and that I would be happy to answer any additional questions.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I posted the following on the newspaper's website:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit