What one sentence could you say to a JW that would stick with them?

by AlmostAtheist 68 Replies latest jw friends

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

By what absolute authority do you say what you say?

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I liked the one about 1919 and Jesus approving them as the "faithful slave class". The only thing you can count on the WT being faithful about is changing their minds (do they have minds???) and lying about it. The book "Captives of a Concept" dealt with this and was excellent. Another good one I always liked was when I asked a WT why God would kill the children of unbelievers but is going to spare retarded and brain damaged people because "they can't understand the issues and make a choice for Jehovah". Well, gee whiz, how can a 3 month old infant do that either?? Does anyone else get outraged at the illogical statements these idiots make? Has anyone ever questioned an elder about this? I'd love to see them try to weasel out of that one. SIX BILLION people should die because they innocenting chose the wrong religion?? Like they should choose one that lies, rapes children, brings reproach on God's name (isn't that why they DF others??) and breaks 95% of the Bible guidelines? I sometimes wonder if one of the qualifications to survive Armageddon is to be morally perverted, a liar, and an idiot. When is someone at the hall going to mention that "elephant in the room"?? They are already 3 feet deep in elephant sh*t, you'd think they'd have to either talk about getting the elephant to stop or else leave the room before they get buried. Maybe they like the smell or don't recognize what the elephant is producing because it's the only substance ever seen at a kingdom hall. "JW's are like mushrooms, keep them in the dark and feed them manure." (author unknown to me). Thank you.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    I asked a WT why God would kill the children of unbelievers but is going to spare retarded and brain damaged people because "they can't understand the issues and make a choice for Jehovah"

Do you have any references? This is a relevant topic for me (okay not DIRECTLY relevant--save the smart comments!)

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

I like M.J.'s answer....

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

..and the reason i like it is it hits to the core of the issue; anyone who says a HUMAN org has ALL the asnwers, and isn't subject to (subjective) human error or open to POSSIBILITY of error... is LOONEY.

Many years ago a gal asked me to 'study the Bible' with her. I agreed to do so with her group if she would do so with me after her study was complete.

She had several 'elders' come to my home, and we walked thru an incredibly childish book she/they called "Bible study" (aka "Live Forever...")

After SIX WEEKS of this, at a snail-like pace, we completed the book. (WHEW!)

I asked her to 'ante up' and meet me to actually read and discuss the Bible (imagine that!).

She was a bright girl. She looked me in the face and said she was unable to abide by our agreement, because her elders had informed her that to do so would be to expose herself to 'apostate literature'; i.e. the BIBLE!

When i asked her WHEN she had this discussion with the elders, she said at the beginning of our study. So why didn't she tell me? Because the lie was acceptable, acc to her elders, as long as it got me to the Live Forever study...

Talk about turning off your brain!

• seven006
    seven006

Do you really believe that the whole world is doomed because a talking snake, told a naked lady, to eat a piece of fruit?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"I'm sorry you're trapped in this organization. Visit xjw.com on the internet for help. X-J-W dot COM."

While that site is not the best ex-jw resource, it's so easy to remember that the poor dub won't be able to forget it. They may never visit, but it will always be there floating around in their head. (Of course DanTheMan sent me freeminds.org, I actually *visited* and it still didn't accomplish anything. [Thanks for trying, my friend.])

Dave

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    (Of course DanTheMan sent me freeminds.org, I actually *visited* and it still didn't accomplish anything. [Thanks for trying, my friend.])

Heh, and of about the 50 people I emailed that link to only you responded, and I gave you a really lame response in return because I just didn't want to argue, I was knee-deep in anger and confusion at the time.

I really worried for a long time that I would meet up with you somewhere and you would start laying borg stuff on me really thick and I wouldn't have a response because I'm not the debating kind. I'm just glad you made it out eventually!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To M.J.: I'm sorry, I don't. My wife, who left me over the child abuse issue, is a nurse. I remember when I was a book study conductor that an article came out about this and everyone was arguing about the logic. I hope someone can help out here. sorry for the typos, i have the flu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit