New Watchtower Distribution System...

by zeroday 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

So is the WBTS trying to be more profitable by publishing the Awake! magazine monthly?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So is the WBTS trying to be more profitable by publishing the Awake! magazine monthly? Saving money - so yes more profitable I suppose

• garybuss
    garybuss

I see the literature as having multiple functions. One of those current functions is to control the Jehovah's Witness people with threats and superstition. The Watchtower magazine used to be written FOR the Witness people for advertising the end of the world to the worldly people. The Witness people used to be the saved. Now the Watchtower magazine is written TO the Witness people to try to control the Witness people by threatening the Witness people with the end of the world. Now only the literature printers are the saved. Subscriptions to the general public has been discontinued in the USA and Canada a few years already. There's no need for subscriptions now since the Watchtower is fast becoming an insider's magazine.
    Threatening articles and general ass chewings used to be reserved for the Service Meeting on Thursday night. Now the "do more or you die" articles are hammered on Sundays as well. "Do more or you die . . . Did we mention do more?"
    The Awake! magazine was always a bait and switch door to door fund raiser. The stranger's door isn't the target market anymore. Not with 12 million coming to the Kingdom Halls and six and a half million still going door to door and prepaying for offer items. I think the construction business and the convention sponsoring business are the money makers now. The solicitations for donations obviously are paying off too. The cash lines are 1.) event sponsoring, 2.) real estate investment and development, 3.) soliciting members for donations and wills, and 4.) cash box receipts and literature donations.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Nice thread.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

As usual, Gary nailed it.

I'm very surprised the big brown reference Bibles are going to be put out of commission. I remember they were sparsely available, but if you asked nicely enough they'd order you one. The appendices are very important, I would think, for rebutting the claims of opposers. Fred Franz would be rolling over in his grave. Now that I know this, I'll need to purchase one from ebay or somewhere as mine is gone and I would like it back.

edited to add: the chewing out of Witnesses in Watchtower magazines actually isn't new. I remember thinking, okay, the cover article could be placed, but the study articles would be way over Joe Public's head. And imagine in 1981 trying to place the magazines that outlined disfellowshipping protocols.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit