New Watchtower Distribution System...

by zeroday 24 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

To expedite the final delivery of WT literature the Watchtower has adopted a new distribution system. As the rolls of paper and ink etc arrive at the printing facilities they go directly to the printing presses where 10's of thousands of books, magazines, tracts etc are printed every hour. They are then packaged and sent to the shipping docks where they are loaded onto semi trucks. The trucks then depart only to arrive at the local land fill and dump them directly into the landfill drastically cutting down the time it takes to reach it's final destination.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Simplification at its finest! May Jehovah be praised!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

LOL!

"and in related news, depression and anxiety has risen among garbage disposal engineers, a recent survey has found."

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

ahahaaha

I can't beleive they are still printing stuff! Think of all the waste and ecological damage they cause to this planet using all those trees, chemicals in production, hydrocarbons in transport. If they truly respected "The Big J's" creation, they would minimise the impact they have on his creations. Bet they don;t think about that eh, If I was God, id be seriously pissed off by now!

• Jeffro
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    If they truly respected "The Big J's" creation, they would minimise the impact they have on his creations

When I was still in, I wondered why they didn't put the full Watchtower/Awake on their web site. It would be a world cheaper to host them than print them. And what about CD's? Again, cheap as all git out to host updates rather than distribute new CD's every few years.

Now of course I realize that the whole point is to print and sell stuff. Pay a nickel to print a magazine, sell it to 6 million idiots for 25 cents, then have them peddle it door to door and ask for donations! Beautiful scam.

Another missed opportunity for me to wake up was when they first released the library CD. The km said something like, "Worldly CD's with much less valuable information retail for $50 or even $100". Even my throughly-washed brain thought, "Surely you don't expect me to pay a retail price for something you wrote, coded, and distributed using volunteer labor?" I usually gave 'em $5 for a CD and thought it was a hell of a gift. Turns out it was. Idiot.

Dave

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Resplendent!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    If they truly respected "The Big J's" creation, they would minimise the impact they have on his creations. Bet they don;t think about that eh, If I was God, id be seriously pissed off by now!

jehovah is going to come and make a paradise, so all the death and destruction is a-okay because saving lives are more important. and the biodiversity that is lost because of deforestation? it's okay! jehovah designed the biodiversity, so no problem! he's got the code right there in his my documents folder!

the "bring to ruin those ruining the earth" scripture applies to everyone but them.

TS

• blondie
    blondie

It only shows that the WTS is a publishing company not organized to preach or teach. But they are cutting back. The twice monthly Awake should be rolling off the presses soon; starting in January there will only be one issue monthly. The NWT is now in paperback. I wonder if the bound volumes are on the chopping block?

I've always wondered how many magazines/books/brochures are mouldering in the closets, basements, and garages of JWs who order to look good at the literature counter, but either never "offer" literature at the door or just don't go door to door? I remember a sister who lived alone died and the garage was filled with publications back to 1950. She just couldn't throw them away. The "brothers" tried to offer them to JWs for their libraries but no takers. It was a lovely bonfire.

Blondie

• JH
    JH
    It was a lovely bonfire.

Yes, "old light" makes a bright flame !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit