Questions From Readers - No More?

by Severus 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Severus
    Severus

I have noticed that recent Watchtower magazines (15 November & 1 December, 2005) do not have the article "Questions From Readers".

Anyone have information on this? If the Watchtower has discontinued the feature, it would infer that the "deeper things" are no longer a concern to the JW masses.

Or is it testimony to a cinch on information control? It seems even the Society fears its own "Questions".

• blondie
    blondie

November 15 has 3 study articles in it. Maybe there wasn't enough space.

The November 1 QFR was a repeat of

"Can a Christian maintain a good conscience if he accepts employment that involves being armed?"

Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There was once a gap of 4 issues - i would not read too much into this if I were you

• Severus
    Severus

Very well, but it's the only article I enjoy dissecting. Maybe the next issue will feature: "Is 607 BCE a matter of faith?"

• Scully
    Scully

Perhaps the Holy Spirit™ is having a hard time helping the Governing Body™ or Writing Department™ fabricate questions that haven't already been asked and answered.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Maybe they could try the old ones again with some honesty and candor. Would be a fresh take on them.

AuldSoul

• steve2
    steve2

The QFR section of the Watchtower cannot be discontinued because the witnesses would soon be even more adrift in the immoral, ungodly world. Here are some Questions From Readers that I confidently predict will be in upcoming issues of the Watchtower:

Is it a Christian's duty to visit apostate websites to defend the truth?

Should a Christian working in the health care sector report incriminating confidential information about brothers and sisters to the elders?

What course should Christian parents follow if they discover their rebellious children blowing out candles on birthday cakes?

Should Christians stay away from meetings when their children are ill and need them at home?

How important is the door to door ministry in ensuring Christians lead balanced lives?

An enlightened view on your Christian conscience and the use of blood products (Version 124.5).

Oh, no, people. QFR could never end with such urgent and timely questions demanding a response from the "faithful and discreet slave". Stay tuned.

• The Chuckler
    The Chuckler

I think it's about time they flip-flopped about Lot's wife being resurrected again. Where do they stand at the moment? I forget.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Perhaps the Holy Spirit™ is having a hard time helping the Governing Body™ or Writing Department™ fabricate questions that haven't already been asked and answered.

Could be, but I think the QFR has long ago been real questions that are written in to the WTS. Instead they're what we downunder call "Dorothy Dixers". In our parliamenet we finish each day with Question Time where government ministers can be asked questions by the R&F politicians. There are some days when there are NO genuine questions. Instead we hear "Dorothy Dixers" which are questions to a government minister that he wants to be asked so that he can grandstand his pet issue that'll put him or her in the best light. It seems to me that when the GB or WTS want to get a point across to the R&F they dress it up as a QFR.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Maybe Trading Standards caught up with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit