tnangel73 is no longer known as a Jehovah's Witness

by tnangel73 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

They announced that tonight. A couple of weeks ago, the elders told me through my mother I had one week to talk to them. I didn't. They announced that tonight. My mother gets the phone hook-up for the book study and the Thursday night meeting. She came and told me when they did it. I kinda would have liked to heard it. I am not really mad, sad, or anything. I know that this won't affect my life from how I have been living it for the last ten years since I never talk to any JW's or have any contact with them. Funny thing, right after that announcement, the part on the service meeting was about the internet. Maybe the elders from that congregation have been lurking around here.Just wondering about the "no longer known as a Jehovah's Witness" part of that though. Am I disfellowshipped or what? I've seen others talk about this on the board. I just hope they don't make trouble for my parents. I'd like to see my Dad turn 80 year. And he has really been enjoying spending time with my new baby boy.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

If you haven't been active in 10 years then per their own elders manual they shouldn't have done this.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hugs, sounds like you have good loving parents so hopefully they wont let the elders dictate their relationship with you.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well welcome to the club

"no longer known as a Jehovah's Witness"

The elders have apparently recieved instructions to use this new term. It applies to both those who have DAed themselves and those who are DFed.

I believe it has to do with some of the defamation of character lawsuits that the WTS is trying to fend off.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Triangel73 asked,

Am I disfellowshipped or what?

Yes. The announcement they made is the new all-purpose DF/DA announcment as outlined by Jehovah's Legal Team.

You could test this by showing up at the Kingdom Hall just before a meeting.

Walk around the Hall a bit and revel in your newfound "invisibility."

Once the test has confirmed it, you could leave.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Hi tnangel How is little Jackson?? Do your parents care too much that you aren't "in" anymore? I'm so happy that your parents love him. I've been thinking about you. Please post more often. And we need pictures. HL

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

That's what I was thinking. They did ask my mother if I go to any meetings, And I did go to the Memorial this year. So, that's why they wanted to talk to me, because I "associated" with them. They didn't care when I was dating my baby's father. It wasn't until they knew I was pregnant that they wanted to do anything about it.

• inquirer
    inquirer

{GET THE EVIL TONE RIGHT!} tnangel73 IS no longerknown as a Jehovah's Witness.

I distinctly remember ages ago that there used to be certain people that did the "big sigh" sound effect in the audience when this happened! Don't you all remember?

• tnangel73
    tnangel73
    {GET THE EVIL TONE RIGHT!} tnangel73 IS no longerknown as a Jehovah's Witness.

LoL!!

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT
    I distinctly remember ages ago that there used to be certain people that did the "big sigh" sound effect in the audience when this happened! Don't you all remember?

I heard a distinct grunt. I think it came from my ex-boyfriends' mother. She was always upset with me about something. I even sent her 2 dozen roses one time and she was still mad at me. I couldn't understand how she could keep holding a grudge against me and still have a good conscience. OPPS! I kind of got off subject there... sorry.

Yeah, a grunt.... Kind of like when you pull a hangnail... or make a big poop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit