MORE QUESTIONS...TACKLE ONE TODAY!!

by stillAwitness 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Some more questions:

1. Is the WT accurate when they say that Christendom erased the name 'Jehovah" out of the bible? And is it safe to say that the WT has inserted the name back in more places than it was actually in it. I have heard talks that in many scriptures where it should simply be Lord they've just inserted"Jehovah."

2. Where can you find great deals on I-PODS, besides E-bay.

3. My car may need a new part (its called and EGR-valve) Being that I am a girl, how do I keep these mechanics from swindling me out of my money?

4. A couple months ago the congregations passed out the 'annual service reports' for each individual person. You know, the little card that reminded you that whatever you are doing in the ministry is not enogh. Well I did not get mine. Sure I was irregular but that irregualr? And the brother was like 'oh, I will give you yours sunday. LIAR! I never got mine. Hmmmm. Any ideas why?

5. Know of any interactive math websites that can help me with my algebra. EEK! We started polynomials today! And I thought it wouldn't get worse than equations!

6. And last but not least: Who' s side are you on? Jennifer or Angelina?

• jstalin
    jstalin
    1. Is the WT accurate when they say that Christendom erased the name 'Jehovah" out of the bible? And is it safe to say that the WT has inserted the name back in more places than it was actually in it. I have heard talks that in many scriptures where it should simply be Lord they've just inserted"Jehovah."

I've heard that WT inserted Jehovah into the NT several hundred times. I think they claim that the NT was corrupted somehow and it was up to them to correct. My question is this: if the NT was corrupted by the removal of Jehovah, what else is corrupted that we don't know about? How can we have any assurance that any of it is accurate? Ah, yes. I found the link: http://www.bible.ca/jw-YHWH.htm Does anyone have any watchtower literature relating to this issue?

• daystar
    daystar

1. Is the WT accurate when they say that Christendom erased the name 'Jehovah" out of the bible? And is it safe to say that the WT has inserted the name back in more places ;than it was actually in it. I have heard talks that in many scriptures where it should simply be Lord they've just inserted"Jehovah."

I'm no authority, but yes and yes, I say.

I don't know, but I would start with a google.com search.

3. My car may need a new part (its called and EGR-valve) Being that I am a girl, how do I keep these mechanics from swindling me out of my money?

Either research what the EGR valve is, what it does, etc. so that you walk in with some knowledge of the subject, or take some guy you know with you.

4. A couple months ago the congregations passed out the 'annual service reports' for each individual person. You know, the little card that reminded you that whatever you are doing in the ministry is not enogh. Well I did not get mine. Sure I was irregular but that irregualr? And the brother was like 'oh, I will give you yours sunday. LIAR! I never got mine. Hmmmm. Any ideas why?

Nope, sorry.

5. Know of any interactive math websites that can help me with my algebra. EEK! We started polynomials today! And I thought it wouldn't get worse than equations!

Sorry. Again, try google.com.

6. And last but not least: Who' s side are you on? Jennifer or Angelina?

Brad's.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Good point. I remember having the KJV with me at a meeting one night. Simply because I could not find the NWT bible and i was running late. My mother berated me as if I had just told her I was a lesbian or something. What's the deal? I mean isn't the KJV where there supposed "accurate" translations come from?

• Spectre
    Spectre

I'll tackle the important one.

#6. I never would have left Gwynth Paltrow.

• thinker
    thinker

1a. Is the WT accurate when they say that Christendom erased the name 'Jehovah" out of the bible?

No. God would never let anything bad happen to the bible, just ask anyone who believes in it. God wrote it and assembled it so only the right books got in and the wrong books stayed out, so He probably took care of the individual words too.

1b.And is it safe to say that the WT has inserted the name back in more places than it was actually in it. I have heard talks that in many scriptures where it should simply be Lord they've just inserted"Jehovah."

Don't be silly! They're god's organization, so they know exactly what god wants.

Watch the movie Invasion of the Bodysnatchers to find out the dangers of Pods.

EGR stands for exhaust gas recirculator, believe it or not modern cars breath in their own farts. To avoid being ripped off make sue your mechanic is not a JW.

Due to the increasing costs of paper and ink only people who really give a damn receive written reports. All others are abused verbally.

If you can count to 144,000 that's all that matters. 6. And last but not least: Who' s side are you on? Jennifer or Angelina? What's the point spread?

Take care,

thinker

• metatron
    metatron

#3 it's called an "exhaust gas recirculation" valve. It needs replacing when your car gets up in mileage. It is a pollution

control device but may affect your performance if let go. Have a male authority figure ( somebody familiar with cars)

take your vehicle in for repairs, if you suspect problems with your being female.

oh, and the idea that Christendom buried the name "Jehovah" is baloney. Jesus , Paul and the Apostle John consistently

referred to God as "Father" ( John never uses "Jehovah" in his three letters, even in the New World Translation)

.... and the Lord's Prayer - "Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name" - clearly shows that Jesus called

God "Father" and avoided any use of "Jehovah".

metatron

• daystar
    daystar
    #6. I never would have left Gwynth Paltrow.

*sigh* Either would I have... *gasp*

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Good point about the service reports thinker. Though mind you, i sensed a bit of cyber hosility based on my last question. Hm! Anyway, good point on the reply about God would not of allowed something that important to slip from the bible. I never thought about it that way. Its always good to get someone else's view. Thanx!

• daystar
    daystar

metatron

oh, and the idea that Christendom buried the name "Jehovah" is baloney.

What about the OT??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit