Reverse Shunning

by JV 17 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
  • Dansk
    Dansk

I wouldn't go out of my way to shun a JW. I just wouldn't go out of my way for them.

Ian

• defd
    defd

I have. There are some I stay away from in my congregation.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I just treat others the way I would like them to treat me.

It works for me

Right or wrong.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I agree with defd here.....

Some I would rather avoid.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I like the thought of giving them a big hug... then a big smooch on the cheek. Then they would have to double shower just to get all of the debil/deminz coodies off. Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

I think if you reverse shun

1. You might give the impression you are afraid of them, or

2. "yep he/she is just another pissed off, disgruntled exwitness"

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I do reverse shunning all the time, when I attend the seldom meeting. I walk in and just shoot straight for where my relatives are.

Greeters and all other crowd that usually gathers by the entrance door to do the love-bombing, all get passed over. I don't even make eye contact with most of them at the KH.

I see them in public places/stores, and pretend they're just like any other unknown person in there.

You see, I'm practicing for what's to come very soon.

DY

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

I have rarely had the opportunity to do any reverse shunning - the few times I've seen a Witness I used to know it's a passing moment in traffic or in a crowded shopping area.

The thing is - I don't like any of those people that were in my congregation. I know their dirty little secrets - I know what kind of people they really were/are. Peyton Place anyone? The handful of people I remember fondly I've never seen - don't know how I would react.

When I do see I usually ignore, pretend they are not there. It still makes me have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I know that whatever I do will get twisted out of proportion and someone will be on the phone to my parents before the dust settles. Not that I ever have contact with my parents but I don't want to purposely make their lives harder. They do a good enough job of that themselves by staying in "The Lie".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit