The story of my life (part 12- My first committee)

by onacruse 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

Onacruse,

Went back and read your story. Boy your experience at the farm was bizarre, looks like that would have been the straw that broke the camels back. I thought I had amazing endurance staying in that crazy cult, but you beat me. LOL Loved reading your story. I suspect the other shoe is going to drop about your wife of that time. Loved reading you experience, well written.

Balsam

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

And this is where we differ- I have yet to have a committee - I wonder When - not IF -- it will happen

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    one of the committee elders came over to our house and pled, begged, and cried with me

hey lucky you

i went to all of the commitee and pled begged and cried

they ignored me

apparently at jahs direction

• onacruse
    onacruse

tijkmo:

hey lucky you

i went to all of the commitee and pled begged and cried

they ignored me

This touches on something that I think most all JWs know, and very few are willing to admit: It isn't who you are, or what you are, but who you're related to, and what your "stature" has been, in the organization, that most matters.

For me, I was always a "popular" fellow; after all, I'm a tall white bloke, with reasonably good verbal and writing skills: isn't that exactly the type that a "good" religious movement wants? It also didn't hurt that my Dad was an elder, and that I was "in tight" with many of the elders. Even my being an "ex"-Bethelite was considered almost like a Medal of Honor, instead of a demerit.

It's a truly pathetic thing that most JWs don't see how their behavior toward others, and perhaps especially toward their own "kind," is so exclusive and judgmental, based on such circumstantial and irrelevant matters...a behavior in which I participated, sometimes even with a certain amount of glee.

I hate myself for having allowed "me" to be that kind of person.

Thank you for your post ,

Sincerely,

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit