tions about hello everyone, i'm new here,,,

by telltruth 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Hey telltruth.

I hope you are being careful about not having children, if that is a matter of concern. Children bring a weak or ex-jw's phobias roaring back with a vengence. Be very careful in that regard.

A minor protocol note; it is best I have found to start a new thread when the subject changes. Eventually a thread gets so long that nobody wants to wade through it. There are exceptions. Those who are following your story will recognize your name. And try to make the new thread as specific as possible. There are a million, "im new here" titles. It will help us all track your progress.

I will say that you probably have a good opportunity to help this person, since she doesn't mind breaking the taboo of being with a worldy guy. That likely means she is open to breaking other taboos. The key goal is getting her to realize that this is not the right religion. That is her center of gravity. If that is not removed, all the other jw behavior is just waiting for a moment of uncertainty to come rushing back.

Make her feel safe, loved, and trusting of you. As long as she feels that way with you, she won't feel the need to rush back into the arms of her abusive ex.

CYP

• jgnat
    jgnat

I worry about her embarrassment about bringing up her association with the JW's. What you are taking as embarrassment about the JW's, may be embarrassment that she is playing in the "world". You might be her playground.

On the other hand, I have met discreet JW's who strive to appear as normal as possible. They do seem embarrassed about some of the wonky aspects of their faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit