easy proof jw's are on the decline

by ackack 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ackack
    ackack

In Canada, at least, there is a trend that more and more seats are being reserved for the elderly. First it started with the ice level. Then the first two rows around the ice level. It kept going up and up, until they got to what? 8 rows around ice level.

Seeing as Canada has not really grown much, but the rate at which the elderly population has grown considerably, I think its fair to say, there is a definite decline in Canada (and prolly most western countries)

ackack

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A bit of an 'ice test', eh?

Interesting insight this post. Thanks.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I know that the numbers were down for the Moncton convention this year!

• ackack
    ackack

The overall numbers are prolly down. Not a whole lot.

Interesting though, the JW population is aging. I guess a more pertinent question is:
    Is the JW population aging faster than the general population?

ackack

• Michelle5480
    Michelle5480

Ive noticed it also. In Chicago our assemblies consisted of the whole first floor for the elderly. With baptisms at minimums.

I also noticed congregations losing more and more new ones and a lot of disfellowshipping. I have to say I think the internet is a big influence on people leaving. Before it wasnt as easy to get others perspectives or see what we can see about them now on the internet. Since they were always telling us not to research out of the Society publications how would anyone ever see deeply into the facts. Its largely what contributed to my leaving the organization.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's hard to say. Here's Canada's demographics. I doubt the JW's are going to start publishing statistics other than their regular magazine sales reports.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/lp/spila/wlb/aw/08overview_diagnostic.shtml

• ackack
    ackack

I wonder what exactly jw population pyramid looks like. I think I could make one for Toronto if I put my mind to it. :) Would involve some theivery and other unkind acts.

ackack

• jgnat
    jgnat

...and as we all know, as goes Toronto so goes the rest of Canada.

• ackack
    ackack

Well, thats just it. I would expect the rural areas (that is to say, NON-Toronto areas :) ) to have a much higher rate of older jws because of the lack of conversions. (vs Toronto which is prolly driving huge amounts of JW growth in Canada)

So Toronto's numbers would prolly look better than the rest of Canadas in terms of a population distribution.

ackack

p.s. yes, i know. Toronto *is* the greatest city to live in. :)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, thank goodness. I thought you were going to say it's the ONLY city in Canada....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit