In your personal opinion...

by Honesty 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

what do you understand it takes for a person to have everlasting life?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well, i've never met anyone that has lived longer than 95 yrs. so i withold my opinion till i've met someone who's outlived normal human exsistance by a few centuries.

not being a smart ass..just that, even believing in God , and knowing many interpretations of the promises of the bible.. the reality is people live, people die, its happened since the beginning of human exsistance, it'll happen to me............not going to expect anything else till it actually happens.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I don't believe in such a thing

• bebu
    bebu
    John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."
    1JN 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

To genuinely live by the truth (something that people in any age or place may personally choose), because then one will not be afraid of coming into the Light at all.

bebu

• Undecided
    Undecided

I have no idea. It has to be something that no one has found yet, as no one has lived forever and told about it. All you have to do is eat a piece of fruit to lose it and I guess we have to find that other tree's fruit and eat it to live forever.

Ken P.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

knock on doors and place magazines. Repeat as many times as necessary

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Honestly, honesty, This idea has been played like a shell game. All living beings desire to remain alive. Humans, particularly religious institutions have played on this desire with promises of "everlasting life", despite the obvious eventual death of all living things.
    The game goes like this...

You can have everlasting life if you do X,Y & Z. Of course "Y" includes donating a large portion of you time, money and resources to the religious institution. And the "everlasting life" will actually take place in a realm that cannot be detected, or is "just around the corner". The JW's game goes like this....... Knock on doors, dump off magazines, fudge records that document your spirituality, contribute your money and work, learn to paraphrase Society teachings as if you came up with them on your own, ignore non-players like family and freinds, pretend your happy while your life bleeds away, die disappointed. Cool game huh?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it's not about the individual person.

it's about biogerontologists hacking at the aging problem...

TS

• jstalin
    jstalin

Delusion.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

In my personal opinion, infinitely long lasting telomeres that don't ever become shorter.

It is merely coincidence that my opinion happens to agree with the opinion of those biogerontologists tetrapod.sapien wrote about.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit