Gretchen956

Welcome, Sheepish!

Sherry

• alw
    alw

Welcome to the board Sheepish - nice to have you here!!! alw

• Michelle5480
    Michelle5480

Welcome sheepish, we all pretty much come off the same boat, some boats in worse shape than others. I personally was married to a JW had two children in the organization and couldnt take the emotional and mental abuse from my "JW" husband and I decided to leave. I met someone new now and am completely happy. My saddest and heart breaking dilemma is my children are afraid to be with me because they're father has told them that they will be destroyed by god if they are with me when armaggedon comes. Keep in mind my children are 4 and 6. I also pioneered I went to the meeting when my husband wouldnt go and I was the one that kept us going to the meetings and now I left and all of a sudden he is mr spiritual. Needless to say he is fighting me for custody and would let them come live with me because I no longer attend the meetings. I will keep everyone posted on how our custody case comes out.

Take heart your not alone!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Welcome!

I "acted" (pantomimed would be more like it) in a drama at a big Assembly.

Ha ha, I remember those stupid plays. Especially this one play, where a really pretty "worldly" girl was "tempting" a young theocratic JW-boy, a pimple-faced, fat kid (very believable, ha ha) at school. The play ended, of course, with the JW-boy making her understand that sex was only for married people, and she, of course, started attending meetings with him. And so, they would eventually marry, so he could pork her (ha ha), and she would eventually enter paradise with him, happy ending for all eternity. Ha ha

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome! And thanks for sharing!

• Michelle5480
    Michelle5480

LOL hellrider!!

We always saw the drama actors as celebrities, everyone would run to the backstage area during the lunch break to take pictures with the "actors".

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Michelle:

Ha ha, yes, I saw other kids do that, didn`t do it myself though (was a bit shy).I remember seeing thru that stuff with the play I mentioned above (I must have been 13 or something), it was just so stupid that a beatiful "worldly girl" would seduce a fat, pimplefaced JW-boy. I was 13, looking at girls secretly, knowing very well that no girl would have anything to do with this "Jehovah"-boy (although I wasn`t fat or pimplefaced). It occured to me that the adults who wrote these plays, must have been completely ignorant of reality in the school-world. I was impressed though, when they put on plays with Biblical characters, usually OT-stuff, with the characters all dressed up, all the men looking like Moses, kind of like the JW-production of Ben Hur. I think they overdid it on the makeup, though.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Sheepish.

You've been on a long lonely road. Please allow us here at the board to accompany you.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Hopefully your family will allow the ice to melt a little at a time.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hi there Sheepish and welcome to the board - great to have you here!

I thought from your intro in the topic thread you might be a Brit as that sounds quite local to here.

crumpet x

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! Hope you feel the same after I've opened my big mouth a few times!

Michelle, we'll pray you get your children. At 4 and 6 they can still grow out of that fear with love and healthy imput-don't dispair! I am sure you are trying to reassure them and love them. Kids are smarter than they look!

Crumpet, both my mom's parents were Brits, so I tell everyone "I'm half British-guess which half?!"(corny, but it's mine). I was in England some years ago, and of course, loved it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit