S. Assembly Day St. Louis 10-16-05

by jeeprube 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    This has resulted in great woe for the earth. Truly, there has been much woe for mankind, particularly since 1914.

CNN reported this morning on a new FBI study on US crime rates. Crime rates have actually fallen in the past few years. So much for all the "bible prophecy" being fullfilled.

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT
    (The assembly hall is owned by the Society, for at least 20 years.

I was baptized in that assembly hall... it has to be 25 yrs old.

• Michelle5480
    Michelle5480

Simply amazing isnt it? The same organization that has millions or billions of dollars of net worth cant allow theyre followers to enjoy a cost free meeting. It boggles me how they get millions or billiions in contributions and yet each congregation has to pay its own kindom hall expenses. We pretty much pay for our own books and magazines and contributions we get from that has to go back to the society. I also love how the CO gets a brand new Buick Lesabre while the rest of us working class who try to be humble drive crappy cars we cant even be seen preaching in. Not to mention theyre bang up health plans.

Ironic isnt it !!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    5. An interesting statement was made....."All major prophecies in the book of Daniel have now been fullfilled, the end is only moments away."

Someone get out the grape Koolaid.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    ....."All major prophecies in the book of Daniel have now been fullfilled,

OK, So who is the King of the North? When did he enter into the land of the Decoration?

On the subject of Assembly Halls. I could never work out why it cost the congo so much in contributions to maintain the Hall. They alwayssaid what good value it was compared to the cost of hiring a hall , but so it should be, if we own it!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours
    "All major prophecies in the book of Daniel have now been fullfilled, the end is only moments away."

You know for how long has the WBTS been repeating those very words???!!! Ever since its very beginnings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

I remember the saying in my congregation about Armageddon was "the end is around the corner", then it changed to "the end is right in front of us!" I wonder what the saying is now.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

the end just passed us by!?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    the end just passed us by!?

ROFL........

• DocBob
    DocBob

3. Just before lunch it was announced that the cost of holding the assembly that day was $4000. At that point only $2000 had been contributed, and could the brothers please pony up the rest? (The assembly hall is owned by the Society, for at least 20 years. The obvious question is what the f&ck costs $4000? There was no breakdown in costs given, only the usual quilt laden request for more cash).

My old circuit met at the WT Assembly Hall in Natick MA for a few years and then we started renting places. For several years we rented the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland Maine for both our circuit assemblies and disctrict conventions. At one point we were considering going back to Natick. In the discussions about using the Society's hall, the elders were told that the Society charged the circuit $3.75 per attendee. We figured out that it was cheaper to rent civic center which seats about 10,000 than it was to split our circuit in two and rent the Natick hall which seated about 1200. This was back in the early 90's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit