JWs and Red Cross

by twinflame 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyHaszard
  • Buhdee
    Buhdee

I taught First Aid and swimming lessons through the Red Cross. CPR was also at one time handled through the Red Cross.

If that were the case regarding blood, there would be no JW nurses or doctors or any other ones working in the medical field..

• twinflame
    twinflame

I guess you could ask a dozen different JW's and get a dozen answers. Or for that matter, check a dozen publications and come up with as many answers....always making it a conscious matter, of course.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus
    Of course, the WTS speaks out of both sides of its mouth all the time.

Blondie! How dare you make such a blashphemous accusation!

*** w98 12/15 p. 32 Will You Heed the Warning? ***

Jehovah’s Witnesses are not prophets of doom. Theirs is a message of hope. They desire to help people learn about God’s Kingdom, which will soon rid the earth of all unrighteousness.

*** w61 12/1 p. 725 United Against Nations in the Valley of Decision ***

Dark indeed will be the period, both day and night, when Jehovah as Judge causes his judicial decision to be executed upon the nations who have been gathered together for being crushed out of existence. From his heavenly habitation, Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem, he roars with a battle shout loud enough to set heaven and earth rocking at the shock waves. . . SQUASH! The treading of the nations, including Christendom, begins. . . Never before in all human history will so many human creatures have been slaughtered. Blood, as representing human lives poured out, will run deep and over a vast distance.

• blondie
    blondie
    If that were the case regarding blood, there would be no JW nurses or doctors or any other ones working in the medical field..

Budee, there are very complicated "rules" regarding this. JWs cannot work in a blood bank but can work in a clinic testing blood where it is discarded. JWs can be nurses but cannot administer blood. They can be doctors but also not administer blood. It used to be different years ago that if the patient (non-JW) authorized blood a JW could administer it because it was the patient's decision, but that is not the case now.

So if a JW nurse were to work for the Red Cross and all they did was draw blood for transfusion purposes, etc., I don't think it would be viewed with approval by the WTS. But if they worked drawing blood for testing purposes, that would be approved.

In the end, it is how the elders (and "mature" JWs) view it.

• twinflame
    twinflame
    if the patient (non-JW) authorized blood a JW could administer it because it was the patient's decision, but that is not the case now

Question Blondie.....could a JW spouse authorize blood use for an un-believing (aka apostate) mate?

• blondie
    blondie

To be on the safe side, the non-JW spouse should have a healthcare proxy in place that says that they want a blood transfusion and then their JW spouse could authorize in accordance with their wishes. Some JW spouses might feel that they could not do it even then and it would be better if the non-JW spouse found some to act for them (that would be their personal decison).

You never know with those elders though.

Blondie

• zagor
    zagor
    Since the Red Cross deals with the collection and distribution of blood for the purposes of transfusion, I would think that the WTS views it as an organization neither to work for or volunteer for or donate to.

...or could it have something to do with the word CROSS

Their attitude is quite in line with Good Samaritan story I guess

OH well, just a usual jerk off i guess alt

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think it is the word "cross" since JWs can work in hospitals named "St Marys," "St Francis," or "Sacred Heart" or "Methodist Hospital" although today most of these hospitals no longer have any financial connection with any religious organization.

I do believe that you can find a JW for any strange interpretation of a "conscience" matter. That is what makes is so difficult. You are trying to figure out what humans want not God.

Blondie

• twinflame
    twinflame
    To be on the safe side, the non-JW spouse should have a healthcare proxy in place that says that they want a blood transfusion and then their JW spouse could authorize in accordance with their wishes.

Is this something one would carry like the JW blood card?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit