Cars...our first true love?

by Billygoat 18 Replies latest jw friends

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

hahahaha. i don't have my driver's license for the simple fact that i am just to lazy to go get it (but i drive sometimes, although i suck at it). therefor i am going to change the questions a bit to accomidate my situation!

what was the first car you ever drove?

a gold 1977 ford ltd ('the boat' LOL)

what is the present car you attemt (lol) to drive?

a baby blue/ rust covered 1986 pontiac 6000le (hahhaha)/ white 1994 ford topaz

what is your dream car?

hmmm, car? i don't really have a dream car but my dream form of transportation...

~born to ride~

my daddy's bike... a 2000 harley davidson FLSTS heritage springer model

i know the pieces fit because i watched them fall away...

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Bitter Mango, I think I am in love. You have great taste.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• Kat_
    Kat_

First Car:

Just got my drivers license and my step-dad pulled up in a 1993 Pontiac Sunbird convertible. Complete with a red bow hanging on the rearview mirror. Loved that car.

Current Car:

1997 Nissan Sentra GXE - Not my ideal but it does it's job. Except that all of the sudden we have no dash lights and no tail lights - so no nightime driving. But all other lights, including brake lights, work. I feel like a grounded teenager. Can't take it into dealership until Friday...anyone have any ideas what kind of problem this is?

Dream Car:

I have no dream car exactly..more like a dream about a car: Getting a new car, any new car, every two years. Each time this car will be big enough to accommodate a double stroller and two car seats comfortably. It will have ice cold A/C without interruption and nothing will ever go wrong with it. It will give me 100 miles per gallon in city traffic. Oh, and it comes with a gas card with no limit and no expiration date, paid for by my fairy godmother.
    Hey, you said "dream"...a girl's gotta have her dreams.

• regan
    regan

1st car: old blue Datsun that died on the way home from the car dealer-took it back and made them fix it free!!!

Car I have now: a 1993 White 4-door Ford Explorer..we bought it from a guy dying of some terminal disease who sold it to us waaay below book value. He had kept it in mint condition. Runs like a dream.

My dream car: I really love those Chevy Suburbans. We rented one for a week when we had visiting relatives and I didn't want to give it back.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

First-1981 Ford F150 4x4 pickup(oh the stories it could tell)

Current(and favorite)-1999 Ford F250 4x4 supercab pickup

Dream(s)-for usin'-a new Ford F350 4x4 crew cab dually
    -for playin'-a Jeep built for rock crawlin'

"there's just somethin' women like about a pickup man"
    (Joe Diffee)

• scotland
    scotland

My first car was a 1971 340 Dodge Demon.

My current car is a restored 1972 Plymouth 340 Scamp. I adore it.

My dream car is a 1971 Hemi 'Cuda.

• Mazza
    Mazza

A Morris Minor was my first car. I couldn't do a hill start, so I kept a brick in the car and my pioneer partner used to have to get out and put the brick behind the back wheel, then pick up the brick and run up to the top of the hill and jump in. I'm still useless but in much more creative ways!!!

OUr current cars are a 1956 British racing green sports car (Francois I read your post!!!) - and a Saab (same as Sienfield's).

The boyfriend I talked into becoming a dub back in 1970 had a Bugeyed Sprite at the time. We've got some nice pics - the car looks good, but our witnessing clothes looked terrible. In the end we sold the sports car because we needed to money - so we could "put the kingdom interests first". :-( My brother sold his MGTD for the same reason :-(((( What a crime!

Marilyn

• alamb
    alamb

First: 1952 GMC pick-up, grey primer, baby moon chrome rims, straight six, baby blue interior with all the chrome I could steal

Current: 1991 Toyota Camry Mom's taxi with 240,000 miles

Dream: 1970 Chevelle SS, 454, dualled out, ever-the-top stripe, holley package, built from the ground up by yours truly, "no man's land" plates...oh, and a little tree spice freshener. Those things are dangerous.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Please don't laugh to much but for a while after passing my test I drove a Citroen 2CV(Oh the shame), to be honest though I really liked it.

I now drive a Peugeot 206.

I haven't really thought about my dream car. But something sporty would be good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit