WT Blames Poor JW for any suffering they exp

by JT 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• JT
    JT

*** w98 8/15 p. 17 Strengthening Our Confidence in God’s Righteousness ***

Feelings of Having Suffered Needlessly

6 In the past, some Witnesses have suffered for refusing to share in an activity that their conscience now might permit. For example, this might have been their choice years ago as to certain types of civilian service.

A brother might now feel that he could conscientiously perform such without overstepping his Christian neutrality regarding the present system of things.

7 Was it unrighteous on Jehovah’s part to allow him to suffer for rejecting what he now might do without consequences?

###############

now it this is when the wt changed the teaching on alternative service and this was the straw that broke the camels back for me as a jw-

for i had a personal friend and older man who was a mentor for me who went to prison instead of being DF for taking the job at the hospital due to wt rules not god,

he suffered both physical and sexual abuse while in prison as a young kid at the time- all due to wt rules,

now the wt is blaming god as the one who caused my friend to suffer

when in fact it was merely the boys in writing guessing with folks lives.

one of the hallmarks of the wt is to blame the jw for any suffering or pain they have due to following their food from god-

in the case above this entire subheading is dealing with those who feel they suffered needlessly not at the will or hand of god, but due to wt goofy rules and the wt got so much heat that they saw the need to try and write and article to address ths growing undercurrent of those around the world who were/are languishing prisons all around the world

due to being told by the very mouthpc of god that to take that hospital job was to compromise ones faith before god and you wouild be dfed and cut off from the face of god, only to be told '

O we never said that, you did that cause your own conscience was TOO strict:

*** w98 8/15 p. 17 Strengthening Our Confidence in God’s Righteousness ***

9 In modern times, there have been some Witnesses who were very strict in their view of what they would or would not do.

For that reason they suffered more than others. Later, increased knowledge helped them to expand their view of matters.

But they have no reason to regret having earlier acted in harmony with their conscience, even when this possibly brought extra suffering. It truly is commendable that they demonstrated their willingness to suffer in faithfulness to Jehovah (((it should say faithfulness to the WT Society)))

for it had nothing to do with being faithful to god --that is a lie --

and now we see that is the case for today that rule no longer stands, elders no longer df and what was once a sin before god himself is now a conscience matter as

if one is deciding do i want rocky road or butter pecan ice cream

so instead of admitting they gave out unscriptual advice they try to make the person think that what they did brought glory to god- how slick can one get

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

that's one of the things that disgusts me the most about the WTS, the way the blame their own membership for believing what they were told to believe and doing what they were told to do under threat of spiritual death and social disfellowshipping. They NEVER take any responsiblility for misleading people.

~Merry

• minimus
    minimus

JT, blame it on Barbara Anderson. She probably wrote those articles, too.

• Honesty
    Honesty

This is one more example of how the WTBTS/JW cult perpetrates some of the most obscenely evil things one human being can do to another in the name of God.

• JT
    JT

i have to agree with all the posters this is one of the most amazing things about high control groups is how they literally take their members for stupid and sad to say, in my opinion due to wanting that fig tree so bad many jw accept the blame on themselves

if you if you do a scan of the cdrom you will find the words

worthlessness, not measuring up, etc are often times mentioned in jw life stories as they relate how they felt they were never running fast enough, jumping high enough, doing enough in serivice for the WT- opps i meant for jehovah- smile

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

JT, thanks for this post. I agree it is important for JWs to realize that they aren't stupid, they were fooled. There is a big difference. Very bright scientists have been fooled by a clever enough ruse.

I hear people talking about how ex-JWs are bitter and should just grow up and get on with their lives. I see some post remarks like that in here. Well, anger over having been made a fool of is not all that uncommon. And that is what I feel, indignace at having been taken for a sap by a bunch of strangers I never met who claim to speak for other strangers I never met. I am indignant at them for taking my genius father and my caring and compassionate mother for saps as well (they're both utterly fooled).

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for this post. I don't mind feeling foolish when I've been made a fool of, but it doesn't make sense for anyone to expect me not to think badly of the ones who did it. The Governing Body wastes a lot of human potential.

AuldSoul

• steve2
    steve2

Whenever the Watchtower says jump, your only question should be, "How high?" And, if you land in the sh*t when you come back down, it sure ain't the watchtower's fault.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

So right you are.

Was it unrighteous on Jehovah’s part to allow him to suffer for rejecting what he now might do without consequences?

What a load of shiiit. I can`t believe they can write a sentence like that, and get away with it.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Society has a guessing department . . . they *must* have.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

They used the same approach of blaming the r&f with the 1995 Generations change:

Eager to see the end of this evil system, Jehovah's people have at times speculated about the time when the "great tribulation" would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we "bring a heart of wisdom in," not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation,

How folks in the Writing Department could spew out stuff like this and sleep well at night is beyond me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit