Comments You Will Not Hear at the 10-16-05 WT Study (Normal Life)

by blondie 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• xjwms
    xjwms

Great review again.

I counted 4 Normal life-s

I'm gonna make a comment this morning.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Jourles, I ask that question to the Elders and their answer was that there has always been faithful slaves to Jehovah.......But they never tell me if they were organisationed or not. I assume they were NOT.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

A thought to run by your local BOE, if you are brave enough: "If I was living in the 1700s and wanted to be a true Christian, how would I go about qualifying?"

If they answer (which they probably will not answer that question) followup with, "So, if we are wrong about 1914, that is what I should be doing now, right? And I wouldn't expect an organization to be formed, right? So God wouldn't be using an organization, per se, right now? Hypothetically, I mean."

Watch their eyes roll back in their heads and their tongues loll out of their mouths. It is very entertaining.

AuldSoul

• Room 215
    Room 215

Good going Bluesbrother:

Par 16 - 17 "We might be disappointed that Jehovah's promises are not being fulfilled as quickly as we personally would like (Implies that you are a selfish B... for wanting 'my paradise NOW!')

Interesting how they downplay the cavernous disappointment suffered by so many older JWs as ``PERSONAL" expectations unfulfilled, when in fact these empty hopes were nurtured by their steady diet of the now-rancid ``meat in due season" fed to them on ``Jehovah's spiritual table" for the last century-plus.

What other nutty religion considers ``normal" a synonym for ``worldly?" And to think we once took such drivel seriously!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Interesting how they downplay the cavernous disappointment suffered by so many older JWs...

Room: I know many of these poor folks personally, as I'm sure you do, and "cavernous disappointment" is certainly an apt description.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    (John 6:17, 24, 25, 30, 31, 35-40) In response, some murmured against him,

especially when he spoke this illustration: "Most truly I say to you, Unless

you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in

yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting

life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day." John 6:53, 54.

Are they changing their view point on partaking of the emblems at the memorial? If you don't partake, can you have everlasting life?

• Flash
    Flash

Blondie

Hey Mr. Flash,

Just remember these thoughts are brought to you by the same people that say a JW should stay with her abusive husband and take a beating, for God of course.

True, true. They forget Jesus through Paul made allowance for wives to leave their husbands. 1Corinthians 7: 10 and 11.

• heathen
    heathen

yah and the apostle Paul also encouraged men to be as if they had no wife when it came to preaching the message .1 corintians 7:29 I remember when my sister got married they more or less acted like it was the wrong thing to do by getting married . You aint kidding these people aren't normal .

Good point flash . If a woman stays in the same house with the abuse then she is more or less accepting it as normal , by leaving she may very well save her own life . Because of a seperation does not mean they aren't married still tho and she can't devorce unless adultry .

I also liked bluesbrothers comment there of how the organization starts with the end is so near stuff and the follwers get all hyped up so now they are again blaming the followers for the big let down . Would it kill these people just to ask forgiveness ? Do they have to continue to blame other people for things they perpetrated ?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It starts at the start as usual

START OF ARTICLE

THE first man mentioned in the Bible as walking with God was Enoch. The

second was Noah. The record tells us: "Noah was a righteous man. He proved

himself faultless among his contemporaries. Noah walked with the true God."

(Genesis 6:9) By Noah's time, mankind in general had deviated from pure

worship. The bad situation was made worse by unfaithful angels who formed

unnatural unions with women and produced offspring called Nephilim

Who said they were unfaithful ? Why not an angelic gift of influence ?

And who were seen to be in the Land that flows with milk and honey ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So they brought to the people of Israel an evil report of the land which they had spied out - such is the way with the wt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A few lines is sufficient - contempt is precedent to anger and I'll leave it at that for today

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

That study seems like one large amphiboly fallacy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit