What is the latest date now in the WT for Armegeddon?

by Sheepish 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I am new here and ask your forgiveness if this info is found somewhere on the site. I have been unable to find it. I heard the latest date given is 2006, is this correct? Thanks!

• free2beme
    free2beme

2034, 120 years since 1914, just like Noah preached for 120 years.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

The WT stopped printing dates for the end. Now they just say, "soon." Sometimes they say, "very soon." Sometimes they say the end is "rapidly approaching." And sometimes they remind that every day we are drawing nearer to the end.

Every day we are getting farther away from the time when the generation that saw 1914 passed away.

AuldSoul

• blondie
    blondie

Nothing official---just VERY SOON NOW.

Unofficially, some JWs speculate about the 120 years given to Noah before the flood, take 1914 and project out to 2034. But there is no direct support in the publications or from the platform for this.

Since the marriage of the Bride of Christ takes place shortly after Babylon the Great is destroyed, all the "true" anointed would have to be dead and in heaven for the wedding. Since 2 new governing body members were appointed and one is 50 years old and they tend to live into their 90's, I would say that there is at least 40 more years to go before he is winging his way to the wedding (unless he get's the Enoch special).

Blondie

• Erich
    Erich

No, blondie, I am sure there will be no new date for Armageddon in the future.

If it comes indeed, then it comes totally unexpected, btw. in an unexpected manner. No GB-member will have got a blind idea before it happens.

E.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Well, it looks as though I won't live long enough to see it. Very soon now has proven itself to last seventy years, so since it's still very soon now I might as well forget about it. Ken P.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Unofficially, some JWs speculate about the 120 years given to Noah before the flood, take 1914 and project out to 2034. But there is no direct support in the publications or from the platform for this.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there Blondie. It's not an unequivocal "new Armageddon date", but the article quoted in the 2034 link below bears uncanny resemblance in style to some of the WTS' 1975 articles. Check out the two links below, and note the use of the following words and phrases, especially the context in which they are used:

parallel
    significance
    warning
    "Just think!" http://quotes.watchtower.ca/2034.htm

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/1975.htm
  • blondie
    blondie

I was one of the first ones to comment on that material in the WT study. After 50 years and a family that dates back to when the rank and file were Bible Students, not JWs, I don't see a trend to push this idea. When 1975 first had "light" shone on it in 1966 there was a big hubbub of interest and the idea spread like wildfire. I think the WTS was caught off guard but took advantage of it. The increase of new JWs had flattened out in the early 60's and this certainly sped things up. I have not seen much since then in the publicaitons (yes, I do read them still for historical purposes) that is building on this idea, nor do I see many JWs taking this idea and running with it.

Since 1975, the WTS tries to avoid that same mistake and since 1995 and the demise of the 1914 generation, it seems they are going in the opposite direction of establishing dates.

The WTS falls back on their old kernel that prophecy cannot be understood until the fulfillment is already in evidence.

I have seen reasons for

None of them have the urgency and belief of the rank and file like 1975.

Blondie

• JH
    JH

It's clear to see that the "end" isn't too close.

We still need a "King of the North"

Babylone the great must be destroyed

And where's "Peace and Security" ?

All of which must come before Armageddon.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I must disagree with Dan the Man here. The WT has never published a date of 2034 for Armageddon . I have never heard any Witness say that they believe this. I have read the article that spawned this speculation, and I cannot read this into it . The article is reproduced in the Quotes link . The bottom line says that Armageddon is expected "in our day".For 2034 that would only apply to those that are under 40 years old.

Since the 1975 debacle I think the Society finally learned their lesson and gave up on predicting dates. Since the mid nineties they abandoned the "generation of 1914" doctrine. Thus distancing themselves from any speculation .

It is just soon. Anytime now, just you see........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit