IT'S HERE!

by Nellie 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nellie
    Nellie

I finally got my copy of CoC. I guess I'll be busy for a while - I didn't realize it was quite so big! I can't wait to get started - I guess this means I'll be away for a while . . .

But I'll be back!

• jgnat
    jgnat

For lurkers,

crisis.jpg (15133 bytes)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I just picked mine up today, too. I already know the Organization isn't the right one, but I have not read Franz book yet. I have tried to avoid all "apostate literature" except Web sites, so I could honestly tell the elders I had not read such books. I can't wait to find out how right my decision to walk away really was.

All of you have such a story! It is nice to feel like I can finally share my story.

AuldSoul

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'm sure you'll have a good read there, Nellie. Welcome, too, Auld Soul. There's nothing quite like that book. I try to read it at least once a year so as to keep abreast of the little things that can be missed from time to time.

• hubert
    hubert

Read it from cover to cover. Don't just skip through it.

Enjoy....I did. It will definitely enlighten you, and if you still have doubts about whether the W.T. is the truth or not, this will make you decide.

Hubert

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I've been out of the Witnesses since 1966. But I only read C of C this year. Great book. Really an eye opener.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I have to say this book helps a lot of people but I didn't get very far reading it. Yes, it proves biblically why the WTS is all foobared up.... but you have to believe in the bible for that to matter. I don't, I got bored, I gave the book to my brother who is a christian, he loved it and passed it on to someone else.

More power to ya, hope you read fast or we'll not see you for a LONG time!

Sherry

• Ticker
    Ticker

Yes CofC is an awsome read and don't forget to order "In Search of Christian Freedom", this book is a great sequal to Ray's first book. The second book goes further into examining and exposing Watchtower doctrine on specific issues that many have questions about, such as "who really is the faithful and discreet slave" and other issues not covered by COC. It is quite an eye opener when you see the circular reasoning and downright dishonesty the Watchtower Society uses to add weight to their arguments I found both books very enlightening and helpful.

Ticker

• sf
    sf

Yes, at first it's a head rush to read. Yet keep in mind, it's a hell of a rollercoaster ride. Just prepare yourSELF for those bumps..

And a hot oil bath will do you good after some of the emotions you will go through.

Happy trails!

sKally

• aniron
    aniron

I recently went into my local Christian bookshop. They usually have a copy of COC on the shelf, but it had gone. I asked the manager who I know and he said he had sold it and had ordered another 6. He said that in the past year since he first got it he has sold 14 copies.

I left wondering who had bought them, maybe in the the area 14 JW's are secretly reading it. All of them thinking they are the only one doing so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit