Should I quit my job?

by Jordan 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Jordan
    Jordan

I'm getting a little sick of being taken advantage of. Don't get me wrong there are times when it is a great job, it's probably my ideal job, but it has such a negative effect on me, I'm depressed when I think about going there, I lose practically all of my friday and saturday nights and there are people there that I absolutely detest. And I'm a keyholder, so for a small increase in salary I get so much extra responsibility and BS over it. But there are people there I love hanging out with, and I'm working in a music store, which is pretty cool. Oh, and I kinda need the money to pay bills and whatnot.

So, I'm so confused...

• alreadygone
  • ballistic
    ballistic

Have you thought about going through college now you've left the org? That is what I did and short jobs in retail \ bars etc can be just what you need to take you through education in this country. It's all about perspective. If you feel the rest of your life is stuck with those people \ and that job, you are bound to feel the way you do.

• Jordan
    Jordan

I am currently studying at uni, my job is only part time during semesters. I do need the income though, no matter how small it is, it does make a difference. The worse thing is, I work less than 16 hours a week there and I feel like those 16 hours are beginning to suffocate me. I didn't think that a part time job could be this emotionally draining...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, huh, do what women do with men at a young age these days, keep another job in your sights in case this one gets too much.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

I was going to say stick it out, but 16 hours?!? I'd keep it just long enough to find something else.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Keep it until you find something else. Look in your spare time, not during work hours

• Jordan
    Jordan

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I've seen a couple of part time job vacancies the last few days, I'm going to ask them what sort of hours they need, get some more info...

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Good Luck.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Welcome to the world of work Jordon, its a big pain in the bum but its essential, just keep an eye out for something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit