Seventh-day Adventists at my door

by TD 19 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

Last night a member of the Seventh-day Adventist faith knocked on my door and offered my literature. This is the first time that's every happened.

His approach was similar to the JW's. --He tried to talk of topics of common interest and work that into a presentation for his literature without actually saying who he was affliliated with. He was actually pretty good at it.

Anyhow, if I was keeping "score," the total visits for the last decade would be:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints -- 3

Jehovah's Witnesses - 1

Seventh Day Adventists - 1

• betty boop
    betty boop

All Scary

• lawrence
    lawrence

My stats in Florida (prior to Toronto) were quite different:

IRS - 7 Times

Trick or Treaters - 5 Times

Sheriff - 3 Times

JWs - 1 Time

• Mary
    Mary

LMAO @ Lawrence! So which group was most persistent?

I remember the Mormons calling on me years ago. I hadn't a clue what they believed but there was an unwritten rule that Mormons and JWs were always nice and polite to each other when they called at each others doors---because they knew that alot of people were quite rude. I invited them in and they proceeded to tell me about their Book of Mormon, the Incas, Josepth Smith and other weird shit they believe like Jesus flew over to North America after he died to preach to the Indians.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I didn't even know that they went door to door!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Mormons- 5

Seventh Day Dudes- 1

Lutherans- 1

Non-Denominational Jesus Freaks- 1

JW's- 0

Schwanns' Dude- not nearly often enough...

Inner City Black Dudes- (selling mags)- 3 or 4

Neighbor (bringing my dog back)- Countless times...

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Hi Mary.....

If those or any mormon ever visit you again, you should ask them if they eveer saw the video called, "DNA vs. The Book of Mormon."

Anyway the video goes into detail about the native Americans being the main part of the mormon theory so a group of mormon scienetists go into research of DNA trying to prove that the Native Americans are the main story. So after years of DNA research, not one indian(NA) is anywhere near the isrealites.

Over thousands of NA from more then 150 tribes were DNA tested. Not one came from any isrealite tribe. Proving that the Book of Mormon is false.

Living Hope Ministries..who produced the video are willing to give a copy, free, to any mormon.

Have fun....

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Rev Frank - Have you read the Book of Mormon? The book tells of a group of Asiatics who travel to America and over a long period grow to be millions in number. Then along comes a handful (probably less than 15) of Israelites and joins them. This small group intermarries with the indigenous peoples (who may or may not be exclusively from the above group) and suffer continual war which does tend to keep the lid on one's numbers. They then move as a group to intermingle with another group who we don't know the genetic grouping of (though at least one is of the lineage of Zedekiah.) Finally this one single group is wiped out in a genocidal war. This happens over a 2000 year period. I would be stunned if there was much if any hebrew dna left. What would prove the Book of Mormon wrong is if there was no asiatic dna since that is the indigineous peoples at the beginning of the Book Of Mormon.

Keep your crappy science to yourself.

• Gill
    Gill

Didn't know that the SDAs went from door to door. Poor things! When did they make them start doing that?

NO ONE religious except for one BA Christian attending some sing a long down the road has called on our door. I haven't even seen the JWs recently. As for the Mormon lads around here, they are always riding their bikes around. I don't think they actually knock on anyones door.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I don't get any of them to my door

I have a 7th day adventist church nearby and mormons and jw's are in my area as well.....

but "sigh" nothing dares approach our door step

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit