14 years later- still a wreck! What's up with me!

by doffy 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• enosant
    enosant

Thank you anglise. I sure hope so!

As a newbie, I might need a few terms clarified:

What's the D for in JWD?

Presumably:
    DF == Disfellowshipped
    DA == Disassiociated ( as is my case* )

does it mean then the D above can stand for either? as in ex JW, xJW?

Personally, I prefer the xJW label - less judgemental I think.

Already, being part of this forum is bearing fruits - am feeling much better; am keeping the rubber band taught until I can get rid of it or the m as the case may be ...

Un peut de bien ne peut faire de mal - es b.67 °}{°

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

D is for Discussion.

BTW, you missed your thread... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/99775/1.ashx

OldSoul

• LDH
    LDH

First of all, welcome to all newbies. I haven't been around much.

Lady Lee says:

The last thing you need is a scene between you and your mother in front of all the kids and in public.

I about choked on my chicken. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Replay the scene like this: You see Mom approaching the ticket window where there are many innocent 'bystanders' nearby, so to speak.

"Kids, look! What a surprise! There's grandma! Hi Mom!" in a very loud voice. Her reaction would have been priceless, and as a bonus you could have told strangers around you why (exactly) it is that she refuses to speak with you as she scurried away. You could have told them that you love her, but because you don't wish to belong to her religion, she has cut off all contact WITH HER GRANDCHILDREN. Believe me, you would have gotten support from total strangers.

Now, you may say you don't wish to be cruel, but you're not going to change her until she's ready to change anyway. And, as an added bonus, you would have gotten to 'witness' to those nearby about the type of "Christian Love" they display!

Lisa

Calls a Spade, a Spade Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit