+ Remembering Matthew Shepard +

by Seven 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Seven
    Seven

Seven years ago today Matthew, a gay college student, died as a result of the savage beating he suffered at the hands of two inhuman monsters now serving a life sentence for his murder.

Gone but not forgotten. Rest in peace.

Visit the foundation created in his honor:

http://www.matthewshepard.org/

• acsot
    acsot

Seven years already? The beating he suffered was absolutely horrendous.

I hope the criminals who did that to him got some of the same treatment in jail.

Matthew

• Emma
    Emma

Thank you for reminding us.

Emma

• under74
    under74

Thanks for posting this seven....

it's amazing because it seems like a lot hasn't changed...

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Thanks, Seven, some of this hostility isn't far from the surface in certain areas. We make so much progress and then something happens to make you wonder.

May he rest in peace

Sherry

• minimus
    minimus

That poor boy was tortured to death. The killers were sick animals! And why did they kill him? Because he was different.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Rest in peace, Matthew.

Nina

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It seems rather ironic to me that the two guys who killed him are now in jail where they are now likely married to burly men named bubba.

Seriously though, this is one of the great tragedies of our time - comparable to a lynching in the fairly recent past.

• Fleur
    Fleur

RIP young man. May there come a day when intolerance and hatred no longer exist...

Seven...are you the Seven I know and love? :)

hugs,

essie

• avishai
    avishai

Ya know it's funny, how those monsters claimed "gay fear" in their defense. Yeah, Matt was really scary. He was 5'2" and 110 lbs.

For all of you that think this is just a "gay" problem, it's not. sometimes people will beat you up even if they PERCEIVE you to be gay. Or deny you a job. Or a house. And it happens to some straight folks who are "butch"., say your a man walking with your daughter, and your best friend is hanging out with you. Happened to me, lady at the store thought we were gay just because. And I've been in fights for hanging out with my gay friends, or because people "assumed" I was gay.

Hatred affects us all. Stop the hatred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit