children of god cult on dr phil today

by candidlynuts 12 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

River and Joaquin/Leaf Phoenix were brought up in that cult.

• kristyann
    kristyann

I didn't know that about River and Joaquin Phoenix! Yeah, the Children of God is majorly messed up... people were having sex with 2 year olds! they said they encouraged all adults to "share"... meaning they can have sex with any other adult they want. Children were encouraged to sexually stimulate their parents and other children.

Also... they tried to recruit members to the cult (or solicit funds) by something they called "Flirty Fishing"... which involved women having sex with people to try to recruit them! They actually called themselves "Hookers for Jesus." That is so sick and blasphemous and downright EVIL...

I wish dr. phil would expose JWs... but then again, he seems to only do the smaller, more "extreme" ones (though I think JWs letting their kids die by denying them blood is pretty extreme)... but they did this one on Colorado City, which is the home to the Fundamental Church of Latter Day Saints... and they were VERY careful to say that "This cult is in no way connected to the mainstream Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, nor do modern Mormons condone or practice polygamy." He was like trying to be all CAREFUL not to offend Mormons, because they are considered more "mainstream" than other cults...so he doesn't seem to want to pick on the bigger, "less extreme" cults. (though, like I said, jws thrusting their kids in harms way is pretty extreme to me!)

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

http://www.rochestergoesout.com/mov/c/clasid.html

True, he was born in Puerto Rico, where the family was part of the religious cult, the Children of God. But they became disillusioned with the group and had left it behind by the time Joaquin was barely three. His memories are of growing up in Florida and California, as his parents started their children on show business careers.

-ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit